Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lettering to small???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Lettering to small??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lettering to small??? - 1/6/2021 4:55:19 PM   
ScottyG

New player here, finally for my full screen to work but the lettering on the map are way to small for this swabby to see. Is there any way to make the lettering bigger so my blind old self can see???
Post #: 1
RE: Lettering to small??? - 1/6/2021 7:44:29 PM   
BBfanboy

You can increase the lettering size by reducing the resolution of the game window, which in turn will mean you see less of the map. But as you increase the resolution the letter shrinks and you cannot control the lettering size separate from the map size.
Windows has a magnifier function you can turn on and you use your mouse and/or keys to magnify what is under the cursor. I just keep a magnifying glass near the PC, but my vision is not really terrible.

PS - you will also need to magnify images to see what is happening. E.G., a stack of land units (LCUs) will have a dot indicating the direction of movement of the first unit in the stack, but if other units in the stack are moving in different directions their movement dots are very tiny compared to the first one's dot.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 2
RE: Lettering to small??? - 1/6/2021 10:25:11 PM   
ScottyG

Magnify poses a problem tho, as is "i open it up but when i start game its like its not even on"??? and if i alt-tab out of game to look at magnify i cant get back into game. The icon on my taskbar doesnt show the game exe (even tho the game is running) weird???

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Lettering to small??? - 1/7/2021 4:00:08 AM   
BBfanboy

If the game is still running you can always alt-tab back into it. It sounds like the game closed. Post screenshots please.
I have never used the magnify utility but other players have mentioned it so there must be a way to use it in-game.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Lettering to small??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI