Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command headquarters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Command headquarters Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command headquarters - 12/28/2020 6:48:50 AM   
LGKMAS

Some kind soul put together a guide to the use of Headquarters and their benefits. I downloaded it and it has been very handy. However, one sentence has me a bit bamboozled. If anyone out there can help?
The entry states " If there is a Corps HQ present and the Command HQ is within 2x its range, it provides a bonus of up to 90% of the assault value of the attacking units."
Whose range are we talking about? Is it within 2x the Command HQ range? That would mean 18 hexes, if you are using something like India Command. That is a rather large distance to be able to influence an assault.
Or is it 2x the Corps command radius, which is normally 1. Thus if the Command HQ is two hexes away from the Corps HQ, then it can assist?
As an example, Akyab is two hexes from Cox's Bazaar. If India Command were at Cox's and a Corps HQ was at Akyab, then the India Command could help the Corps HQ at Akyab conduct an assault at up to 90% bonus to the assault value.
I suspect the second is correct but is this me just assuming something that I shouldn't?
Post #: 1
RE: Command headquarters - 12/28/2020 10:00:08 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: LGKMAS

Some kind soul put together a guide to the use of Headquarters and their benefits. I downloaded it and it has been very handy. However, one sentence has me a bit bamboozled. If anyone out there can help?
The entry states " If there is a Corps HQ present and the Command HQ is within 2x its range, it provides a bonus of up to 90% of the assault value of the attacking units."
Whose range are we talking about? Is it within 2x the Command HQ range? That would mean 18 hexes, if you are using something like India Command. That is a rather large distance to be able to influence an assault.
Or is it 2x the Corps command radius, which is normally 1. Thus if the Command HQ is two hexes away from the Corps HQ, then it can assist?
As an example, Akyab is two hexes from Cox's Bazaar. If India Command were at Cox's and a Corps HQ was at Akyab, then the India Command could help the Corps HQ at Akyab conduct an assault at up to 90% bonus to the assault value.
I suspect the second is correct but is this me just assuming something that I shouldn't?

Command HQs are the only ones whose influence extends to LCUs 2X HQ range for some things. Army and Corps HQs never double their radius.
Considering the Command has to communicate with units in a huge theater, 18 hexes is not far - only 720 miles and HF radio could certainly reach that far.
There is a die roll involved for the HQ effect - you don't always get the 90% boost in AV.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to LGKMAS)
Post #: 2
RE: Command headquarters - 3/10/2021 1:41:41 AM   
Mower

Link to this guide please.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Command headquarters - 3/10/2021 2:16:06 AM   
RangerJoe

I am sure that if you searched for it, you could find it.

If you don't want to bother with the search function, then you could start in this thread that has been stickied up top:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2260137

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Mower)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Command headquarters Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI