Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Plea for a complete rework for the Free French

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Plea for a complete rework for the Free French Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Plea for a complete rework for the Free French - 12/28/2020 4:57:24 AM   
Pocus

I don't understand Polynesia. Why do they have the privilege of having their own MPP production in the first place?

Corollary, why the Free French are not them. Basically, De Gaulle and his constant struggle to have France re-established as a fighting country. His numerous quarrels with Churchill and Roosevelt. His efforts to muster a few soldiers at start, some famous officers and then, operating on shoe-string budgets, resistance at Bir-Hakeim, the first operations to recapture lost colonies?

And then the "powering up" where France managed to field in 1944 more than one demi-million soldiers (most of them being African to be honest and true). The French 2nd "Division Blindée" with Leclerc entering Paris. Operation Dragoon with some significant French forces. Then Alsace fighting with several French divisions?

All that can be done if you switch Polynesia to Free French, provide them with a tiny boost of initial production (say 15 MPP per turn and not 5) and expand their force pool (to something like Australia more or less). Then the rest, it is about conquering Djibouti, Madagascar and the Maghreb and we are set!

< Message edited by Pocus -- 12/28/2020 4:58:43 AM >

AGEOD Team - Lead Developer
Makers of Empires, ACW2, EAW, WIA, WON
Post #: 1
RE: Plea for a complete rework for the Free French - 12/28/2020 6:10:37 AM   
Sovyetsky

Lol, absurd. You wouldn't be able to model that second paragraph anyway. The game is already pretty balanced, why tilt it further in favour of the Allies? And making them start from Polynesia? They'd never get anywhere.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 2
RE: Plea for a complete rework for the Free French - 12/28/2020 7:34:06 AM   
Pocus

I believe you read too hastily my proposal. It is certainly not about making Free France starts in Polynesia. I propose to allocate the "French" slot used by Polynesia (no historical justification for that AFAIK) to Free France, based -- if there is a need for a physical location -- to a hex in Great-Britain. If there is no need, just have them conquered if London falls and have them receive 15 MPP a turn from a script.

The other change is to give them a decent force pool, on par with what they achieved historical in number of men.

This would be much much more historical. It certainly reinforce the Allies, but if there is a need for compensation, I'm sure one among 50 solutions can be found to balance the Axis. Here is one, have them receive twice a year a spoil of 50 MPP (or more, or less) as overall spoils of wars from requisitions. Or give them an extra Uboot, or anything, I don't care really. This is not because something favors a side that it should not be implemented, if it is historical . If you go this trend, then the game is chess.

Right now, Free French are near non existent and work with the GBR budget. They should be a minor ally.. with their own budget, and certainly not have Polynesia representing them!

(in reply to Sovyetsky)
Post #: 3
RE: Plea for a complete rework for the Free French - 12/28/2020 5:42:11 PM   
GiveWarAchance

Oh wow that is the legendary leader of ageod speaking! You made the famous Field of Empires game that combines with Field of Glory 2, right? What about the new Africa Korps game?
We ought to listen to this one.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 4
RE: Plea for a complete rework for the Free French - 12/28/2020 6:33:27 PM   
Pocus

I'm but an humble player here (but can't have one sig per forum ).

Afrika Korps is not made by Ageod but by former Ageod team member Philippe Thibaut with Steven Dunn, an American versed in history.

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Plea for a complete rework for the Free French Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI