Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why do Special Forces have less movement than a large Corps?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Why do Special Forces have less movement than a large Corps? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why do Special Forces have less movement than a large C... - 12/28/2020 1:10:35 AM   
Tanaka

Should they not be at least as fast and mobile as an entire Corps as they are smaller and well...special?

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 12/28/2020 9:13:44 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Why do Special Forces have less movement than a lar... - 12/28/2020 7:24:08 PM   
BillRunacre

Given their higher combat values, there is a danger that this could make them a bit too powerful?

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 2
RE: Why do Special Forces have less movement than a lar... - 12/28/2020 8:10:12 PM   
Pocus

The rationale could be that they are much less motorized (or horse-powered) than a regular corps. But on a game balance standpoint, I agree, there are good enough already! Did you know they have a 20% demoralization value also?

Edit: demoralization value is 20%, not 10%. This is twice as much as an army!

< Message edited by Pocus -- 12/29/2020 7:19:08 AM >

AGEOD Team - Lead Developer
Makers of Empires, ACW2, EAW, WIA, WON

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: Why do Special Forces have less movement than a lar... - 12/29/2020 5:24:30 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Should they not be at least as fast and mobile as an entire Corps as they are smaller and well...special?

Hmmmmm.....maybe because they are carrying a s#!t ton on their backs ?

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 4
RE: Why do Special Forces have less movement than a lar... - 12/29/2020 6:17:19 PM   
GiveWarAchance

I think the different types make it unclear. Like the first SAS were very fast using those pimped jeeps with machine guns all over them to rush in, mess around and rush back out of enemy areas at high speed. But modern SAS are slow after insertion cause they are super careful to remain stealthy and have to carry heavy bergens like oldcrow mentioned.

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 5
RE: Why do Special Forces have less movement than a lar... - 12/29/2020 9:42:58 PM   
EarlyDoors

I don't like the label Special Forces in this game as I think Marines (US or Royal) is more apt
They are Navy soldiers in this game

Personally would prefer to see Germany not have them but instead have overpowered high morale Waffen SS instead

13-15 PBEM++
-----------
Honours the game
-----------
http://scwaw-rankings.s3-website.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 6
RE: Why do Special Forces have less movement than a lar... - 12/30/2020 4:52:50 AM   
Tanaka

Ok guys you have convinced me!

(in reply to EarlyDoors)
Post #: 7
RE: Why do Special Forces have less movement than a lar... - 12/30/2020 6:51:53 AM   
GiveWarAchance

EarlyDoors that would be nice. And they could easily be balanced with higher cost and built limits.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 8
RE: Why do Special Forces have less movement than a lar... - 12/30/2020 7:12:09 AM   
EarlyDoors

quote:

ORIGINAL: GiveWarAchance

EarlyDoors that would be nice. And they could easily be balanced with higher cost and built limits.

agreed - they could have an icon like Soviet Shock Army, be +1 Hard and maybe Tank Attack, Greater morale and de-moralisation but cost much more to build

13-15 PBEM++
-----------
Honours the game
-----------
http://scwaw-rankings.s3-website.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 9
RE: Why do Special Forces have less movement than a lar... - 12/31/2020 10:55:39 AM   
Taifun

The game certainly lacks the Waffen SS units. I agree and think that Germany should be able to buy 1 SS panzercorps 1943 and another one in 1944 with special abilities as commented earlier here.

La clé est l'état d'esprit

(in reply to EarlyDoors)
Post #: 10
RE: Why do Special Forces have less movement than a lar... - 12/31/2020 4:01:21 PM   
Elessar2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taifun

The game certainly lacks the Waffen SS units. I agree and think that Germany should be able to buy 1 SS panzercorps 1943 and another one in 1944 with special abilities as commented earlier here.

The heavy tanks could be relabeled (and re-sprited!) to be such.

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Why do Special Forces have less movement than a large Corps? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI