Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Do the Italians mobilise too quickly in 1915?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> RE: Do the Italians mobilise too quickly in 1915? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Do the Italians mobilise too quickly in 1915? - 1/7/2021 2:48:19 PM   
stockwellpete

In my latest game playing as Entente against the AI on Veteran level, when Italy joined the war I got 2x HQ and 9x Corps with 2x Detachments. Two of the Corps were at half strength. I think it is probably too many. 1x HQ and 6x Corps with 2x Detachments might be enough for starters as Italy was hoping to fight a limited war against Austri-Hungary at first. The other units could arrive in the Production queue later in 1915.

(in reply to stockwellpete)
Post #: 31
RE: Do the Italians mobilise too quickly in 1915? - 1/7/2021 4:36:56 PM   
Chernobyl

In my limited games against human Italy I haven't ever experienced them doing a big attack against Austria. I've seen them try to send Italian units to help Serbia once, but mostly a whole lot of sitting around waiting for me to make the first move.

Italy is definitely slightly behind in tech, they tend to have even worse tech than my Ottomans. But generally it isn't even the lack of tech which is a problem. Austrian artillery shows up and they inevitably lose Udine and then Padua+Venice. The only question is how quickly. This route is sweet for Austria because it damages Italian NM but also provides substantial boosts for Austrian NM.

All this is in a scenario where I do rail/walk over a decent Austrian army to Italy. If Austria were truly on the ropes she might not have those units to spare and Italy might be staring at entrenched detachments. Generally Austria can spare at least one HQ due to the simple fact that if, worst case scenario, Austria has lost many corps and is in trouble, then at least they don't have too many corps to command and you haven't over-saturated your HQ! So off one goes to Italy.

So yeah I haven't felt threatened by 1915 Italy so far. I feel like they are the ones struggling to defend. Again I think there may be a big difference between what we experience vs the AI due to more MPP and possibly some free AI units.

< Message edited by Chernobyl -- 1/7/2021 4:37:16 PM >

Post #: 32
RE: Do the Italians mobilise too quickly in 1915? - 1/17/2021 5:19:10 AM   
shri

My opponent slammed into Trentino despite me putting the AlpenKorps with trenches there. He used the entire Italian starting army of 5 full corps to smash it and overrun.
Then he used the 3 french cavalry to guard the northern flank, result is Austria is now nearly Kaput, too many weak detachments about to die at the hands of a combined assault.

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 33
RE: Do the Italians mobilise too quickly in 1915? - 1/17/2021 10:53:34 AM   
stockwellpete

quote:

ORIGINAL: shri

My opponent slammed into Trentino despite me putting the AlpenKorps with trenches there. He used the entire Italian starting army of 5 full corps to smash it and overrun.
Then he used the 3 french cavalry to guard the northern flank, result is Austria is now nearly Kaput, too many weak detachments about to die at the hands of a combined assault.

I am hopeful that Trentino will be made a Fortified Town in the next update. Making that change certainly discourages the AI from attacking it.

(in reply to shri)
Post #: 34
RE: Do the Italians mobilise too quickly in 1915? - 1/17/2021 1:41:52 PM   
shri

My opponent was Human, i do hope the Italian mobilisation is slowed down and Trentino made a strong Fortress so that it survives when you place a Corps there.
In real life, Trentino never fell till the Austrians completely collapsed despite several offensives in that direction.
Right now, Isonzo and Trentino battles seem too easy for Italy.

TLDR- Italy needs a nerf to showcase it's bad performance in WW1.

Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> RE: Do the Italians mobilise too quickly in 1915? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI