Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game Crashing from revolution

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Game Crashing from revolution Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game Crashing from revolution - 12/22/2020 9:02:18 PM   
Varlun

Hey all. So first I'll admit that yes my game is modded (Beyond Extended Universe Alpha) and I know the mod is the problem.

I've been using this mod for about 5 years. This is the 2nd time I've had this issue in all that time. Maybe because I kept restarting games before they got too late.

Regardless, I had someone help me fix this the first time successfully. So I know it can be fixed. It's just some number in a notepad file somewhere. But I already tried digging for the issue and can't find it. I went into every race file and changed them all to DisallowedGovernments 14,15,16 and CanChangeGovernment Y. That's what 95% of them are set to by default. And that still didn't fix it.

Here's my crash dump.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.SelectSuitableGovernment(Race race, Int32 excludeId, List`1 allowableGovernmentTypes)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.HaveRevolution(Race dominantRace, Int32 governmentId, Double damageFactor)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.HaveRevolution(Race dominantRace)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.CompleteIntelligenceMission(IntelligenceMission mission)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.PerformIntelligenceMissions()
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.DoTasks()
at DistantWorlds.Main.C5o6bN55GkBkTp2DuaJ(Object )
at DistantWorlds.Main.n8Otelu22U(Object )

As you can see, some empire/race is trying to change to a government it isn't allowed to or something. From what I can remember from fixing this the first time, I'm confident it was like a 0 or a 1 that needed to be deleted or switched.

What's amazing to me is that this issue comes from a fresh mod download. For such a popular mod, I can't believe something like this happens. You'd think everyone would be having this issue?

Much thanks to anyone that can help me track this down.

< Message edited by Varlun -- 12/22/2020 9:55:41 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Game Crashing from revolution - 1/26/2021 6:24:34 PM   
rjord2021

As a modder, the message Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. is one I get if I have an error in the log.

If you remove the mod do you get the message still?

(in reply to Varlun)
Post #: 2
RE: Game Crashing from revolution - 1/27/2021 3:22:52 PM   
Varlun

No, it's an issue with the mod.

I finally got the idea that regardless of what I changed in the files, the reason it didn't work is because everything was already set into motion. I'm 99% confident it's because of an intelligence mission completing to incite a revolution. Obviously, that mission was started a long time before the moment of the crash.

One idea I tried was to just go through every race's empire policy and literally disable their ability to do that mission. I don't think I kept playing long enough to see if it worked, though.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Game Crashing from revolution Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI