Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help Replacing Tanks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Help Replacing Tanks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help Replacing Tanks - 12/21/2020 4:36:59 PM   
Dukie

Can someone tell me how to replace tanks? I have completed a new model and would like to retrofit it throughout my various units. When I left click on a tank unit in the unit window, I am presented with a replacement dialog, but it has no options for any kind of tank with which I can use as a replacement--not the new models nor the previous two models?! If I go to the SHQ or OHQ "Build Replacements" button/option, I see all three models. When I select ANY one of them, I am presented an informational dialog on the selected model. I am not allowed to build ANY replacements of any model. This occurs with my independent tank battalion, armored brigade and armored infantry brigade units. I believe I have plenty of "LIS" points since I am allowed to build a new formation on the same hex with any model I choose. I tried scrapping some of the tanks, but all that does is leave a hole that I can't fill. Thanks in advance for any help!
Post #: 1
RE: Help Replacing Tanks - 12/21/2020 4:49:10 PM   
Sieppo

Likely a logistics issue. Wait a few turns.

(in reply to Dukie)
Post #: 2
RE: Help Replacing Tanks - 12/21/2020 5:08:50 PM   
DTurtle

On the build replacements screen you have to click on the name of the model and not on the picture.

My trick for replacing tanks in units:
Set the old model to low quality, the new model to regular quality (you can set the quality under Mng->Models).
Set all units to "tolerate" low quality.
Build replacements in the SHQ. During the logistics phase of the next turn they will replace the "tolerated" low quality models on the frontlines (while keeping most of the experience).
The next turn, you will have some of the old models sitting in your SHQ. You can scrap those and build more of the new model.

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 3
RE: Help Replacing Tanks - 12/21/2020 5:46:42 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dukie

Can someone tell me how to replace tanks? I have completed a new model and would like to retrofit it throughout my various units. When I left click on a tank unit in the unit window, I am presented with a replacement dialog, but it has no options for any kind of tank with which I can use as a replacement--not the new models nor the previous two models?! If I go to the SHQ or OHQ "Build Replacements" button/option, I see all three models. When I select ANY one of them, I am presented an informational dialog on the selected model. I am not allowed to build ANY replacements of any model. This occurs with my independent tank battalion, armored brigade and armored infantry brigade units. I believe I have plenty of "LIS" points since I am allowed to build a new formation on the same hex with any model I choose. I tried scrapping some of the tanks, but all that does is leave a hole that I can't fill. Thanks in advance for any help!

Unfortuantely replacing anything but infantry gear is a chore.

The "Replace" button switches out the equipment of two subunits that are in the same place. Usually that place is the SHQ.
DTurtle pretty much explained how it works, except for the part where he things the transfer is automatic (maybe a Beta update I do not yet have on Steam?)

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 12/21/2020 5:48:16 PM >

(in reply to Dukie)
Post #: 4
RE: Help Replacing Tanks - 12/21/2020 6:15:31 PM   
Dukie

DTurtle, you are awesome! Clicking on the Name was the issue!

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
RE: Help Replacing Tanks - 12/22/2020 2:38:05 AM   
DTurtle

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Unfortuantely replacing anything but infantry gear is a chore.

The "Replace" button switches out the equipment of two subunits that are in the same place. Usually that place is the SHQ.
DTurtle pretty much explained how it works, except for the part where he things the transfer is automatic (maybe a Beta update I do not yet have on Steam?)

If you have a model set to a quality that is only "tolerated" by a OHQ, then it will be switched out (automatically!) before the start of the next turn with a model that is set to "allowed" - provided there are replacements available in the SHQ and the logistical network can support that.

That was introduced a long, long time ago (can't recall which beta exactly).

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Help Replacing Tanks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI