Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED] ABM Issue with Version 15 (save provided)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] ABM Issue with Version 15 (save provided) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED] ABM Issue with Version 15 (save provided) - 12/21/2020 2:27:08 PM   
DWReese

This is a sandbox, so disregard the other stuff.

We have 4 incoming ballistic missiles and they are heading for a building.

I have placed a THAAD CEC and a THAAD regular in line to be able to intercept.

The radar (Green Pine) detects them, and they are tracked by the THAADs.

The THAADs refuse to shoot stating that they cannot fire at this time reference a DLZ issue, something about "not being able to calculate", and it "will it again attempt to do so at the next pulse."

If I switch to version 14, then it works.

Can someone try this and see if they experience the same thing, please?

NOTE #1: For anyone testing, make sure that you turn on your radars if you are updating the database. Whenever you update the database, the game turns OFF the radar for some reason.

NOTE #2: There appears to be a VERY SMALL window in the DLZ when the THAAD CEC CAN fire. To me, it appears to be governed by pulses. If you happen to catch the missile in that window (which only lasts a couple of seconds at the most) you might be able to get it to fire. If it doesn't fall within that window, then it won't fire at all. If it does fire, you will likely only get 1 or 2 missiles to fire before the incoming missile is no longer in that window. So, even though 4 incoming missiles are headed your way, you will only get off 2 missiles at the incoming 4 missiles, if you happen to get off any at all.

NOTE #3. Unless the SAM is in the direct path of the incoming missile, it won't fire. If it is off to the side a little bit, there is no chance that it will fire. Apparently, the calculations are too difficult, even though the missile is far away to start off with.

NOTE #4. All of the SAMs will fire at the incoming missiles using version 14. Version 15 is sporadic at best.

Hopefully, this will help you.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 1/7/2021 6:01:54 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: ABM Issue with Version 15 (save provided) - 1/6/2021 12:32:53 PM   
Dimitris

Semi-fixed for the next update release. ABM logics have become horrendously complex.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 2
RE: ABM Issue with Version 15 (save provided) - 1/6/2021 1:17:10 PM   
DWReese

Thanks.

A side issue is that it slows game play down to a snail's crawl as well. I'm wondering if the existence of satellites in a scenario also contributes to the problem.

Doug

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
RE: ABM Issue with Version 15 (save provided) - 1/10/2021 6:46:38 PM   
alphali

The issue with the slow down has been reported a couple of times(my previous post) and they have added tweaks and improvements several times. It's still slow but playable. As Dimitris said above, it seems that the ABM computations are quite complex and involved causing issues and slowdowns. So it's not the satellites, its whenever any element in the game trying to track and intercept a ballistic missile, you will get slow down, even if you have two units in the game.

< Message edited by alphali -- 1/10/2021 6:47:42 PM >

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 4
RE: ABM Issue with Version 15 (save provided) - 1/10/2021 8:25:43 PM   
DWReese

".....its whenever any element in the game trying to track and intercept a ballistic missile, you will get slow down, even if you have two units in the game."

That (two units) isn't entirely true.

Here is another sandbox. Switch to Red and fire the DF-21s at the Blue Cruiser. Then switch to Blue and watch. The missiles will arrive, and everything works perfectly. It doesn't appear to slow down to me under these circumstances. So, your "even if you have two units in the game" is a bit hyperbole. Granted, my sandbox doesn't really have anything extra involved in it, but it does show that ABM works fine, if not bogged down with too much in the way of extra things occurring. Having numerous missiles, and numerous SAMs obviously makes it difficult. Plus, these types of SAMs tend to shoot straight up for a long period of time before turning toward their incoming targets. They are unlike regular SAMs. So, I can see why the devs might have some computation issues.

Obviously, to me anyway, it has a memory/computation component. Satellites might not be the cause, but they certainly don't help. I have another sandbox scenario that deals with the same thing. I ran it with, and without, satellites and the game runs marginally faster without them, therefore it would appear that memory is a legit component to this issue. But, the devs will figure it out.

(in reply to alphali)
Post #: 5
RE: ABM Issue with Version 15 (save provided) - 1/11/2021 9:31:32 PM   
Twistedpretzel

I will say that with version .16 When I get the ABM slowdown it isn't nearly as bad or long as it was in previous versions and every single thread on my 8 core 16 thread processor gets utilized at 100% until the slowdown is over with, which anecdotally appears to occur only during the ballistic missile boost phase. Otherwise, typically during large scenarios about 4 threads are being workhorses. I'm a happy camper with the current state of ABM affairs.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] ABM Issue with Version 15 (save provided) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI