Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval Unit Indicators all Colored White?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Naval Unit Indicators all Colored White? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval Unit Indicators all Colored White? - 12/17/2020 1:29:02 AM   
Hiiiiii74

Howdy y'all,

I must have mucked something up while installing a new map, all of my naval units on the map are colored white (as shown)
I just reinstalled everything on my new PC and I'm starting a new game. Maybe these things are only colored by country command after the war actually kicks off? It's still the Dec 7th turn. I'm so used to the different colors for each country command that it's kinda annoying for everything to be one color, I can't easily tell things apart this way.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Naval Unit Indicators all Colored White? - 12/17/2020 3:08:52 AM   
BBfanboy

When you set up your new map you likely wiped out all the contents of your ART folder, instead of just the old map art sections. If you moved them instead of deleting them, just move back all the ART files that don't look like map sections. The icons are stacked on long vertical strips in various colours.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that if you did not save the old art, you can start a new installation of the base game and copy the art files to your modified art folder. Once you have everything working as desired you can uninstall/delete the additional game installation.

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 12/17/2020 3:11:17 AM >

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Hiiiiii74)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval Unit Indicators all Colored White? - 12/17/2020 4:03:04 AM   
Hiiiiii74

Thank you very much! Turns out the map mod folder indeed had some unit icons files that were peculiarly modified to be blank white while making all airfields and anchors green, yet still keeping the national base colors. I took those out of the folder that my mod manager loads. Must have been a weird quirk of the author's personal taste. I dug around with pixel editing and managed to fix and keep the one file that turned the Dutch faction icons bright orange rather than olive drab. So I learned something new! I appreciate the quick help, it's so pretty now! :D

Edit; clarity and grammar :P

< Message edited by Hiiiiii74 -- 12/17/2020 4:05:22 AM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Naval Unit Indicators all Colored White? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI