Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sicily Rail

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Sicily Rail Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sicily Rail - 12/16/2020 1:41:10 PM   
actrade

New and loving the game. I've been reading like a librarian trying to absorb as much as I can, but I can't seem to find an answer to this problem. After invading Sicily, I thought I do some rail repair so I don't have to truck everything from the port depots. However, no matter what, I never get the "white line" from the ports to my front line depots even through rail has been repaired and the ports and railyards in them have also been repaired. Obviously I'm missing something here.
Post #: 1
RE: Sicily Rail - 12/16/2020 2:21:35 PM   
cfulbright

Which scenario are you playing? Did you transport the US and CW MTO Rail Groups to Sicily and use them to repair the rail hexes?

Cary

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 2
RE: Sicily Rail - 12/16/2020 2:45:28 PM   
actrade

Playing the Italy 43-45 campaign and yes I did transport both rail repair units and repaired the rail from the port depots to the front line units. Never did see a white line, but I did see green rail lines.

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 3
RE: Sicily Rail - 12/16/2020 5:20:08 PM   
cfulbright

Remind me how you see green or white lines, please. I never look at those. I tried both the "8" key and the show Railroad repair key, and neither turns the railways different colors.

Cary

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 4
RE: Sicily Rail - 12/16/2020 5:33:29 PM   
actrade

The 8 key does it for me, but oddly enough on the Italy 43-45 campaign anyway it doesn't work until the second turn. Lines I see then are red are trucks, white rail and blue ocean.

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 5
RE: Sicily Rail - 12/16/2020 5:47:01 PM   
cfulbright

Ah, I thought you were talking about the actual rail lines turning green or white, which I vaguely recall seeing, but can't remember how to reproduce.

Are the Railyards in your frontline depots fully repaired? I don't think you'll get rail supply transport from port to depot until that happens. Assign the Construction units to the depots and click on Accelerated repair.

Sicily is small enough and the number of units deployed there that this isn't a big issue. Plus you're not yet waging a two-front war so truck shortages shouldn't happen.

It will become a bigger issue when you invade the mainland and you're trying to get supplies from Reggio de Calabria or Taranto to the front line.

Cary

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 6
RE: Sicily Rail - 12/16/2020 5:55:07 PM   
actrade

I will double check, but I was pretty sure all of my railyards were 100% fixed. I'm doing another playthrough and will post again if it happens again, with screenshots.

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 7
RE: Sicily Rail - 12/16/2020 6:03:13 PM   
cfulbright

Do you have save games from the first playthrough?

Cary

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 8
RE: Sicily Rail - 12/16/2020 6:17:39 PM   
actrade

I'm sorry I don't...I have terrible bandwidth at home and play at work as well so I cloud save, so I don't keep any more saves than necessary due to slow uploads.

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Sicily Rail Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI