I will try my best to answer:
First game with a human. I play as Axis, not so bad too now.
I got some questions:
- how capture Leningrad? My main front is far away on the east but the city is supplied from sea. Even if I got some planes and fleet to intercept convoys, his troops seem supplied.
1) Capture Leningrad - You will need to surround it. In the summer you will need to use air units and/or naval units to interdict the naval supply from the port as you mentioned(2 naval 3 air will do the trick I think). Repeated air attacks, reduce effectiveness. Since it's fortified, make sure you leave some air to support your ground forces. In winter, you need to also capture the road of life to prevent supplies entering the city over water. It will require quite a commitment.
- Is the flak useless? Is there any research to improve it. Strategic bombers takes no damage...
2) I find flak most effective when you have 3+ of them in a hex. I like to move them around to fortified areas too, like Leningrad. As Germany, I try to keep a bunch on my oil refineries.
- Is there a penalty for german during winter, besides combat?
3) Yes, During cold and blizzard weather reduces effectiveness recovery by 10%(cold) and 20%(blizzard). This will have a big impact if your unit is sitting on a supply hex of 1-3.
- I did not try in that game but how to capture Norway?
4) Invasion and capture of it's capital, Oslo.
- I manage with lots of difficulties to capture Greece before 41. Yugoslavia is so blocked at 55% toward Allies. Will it stay like this forever?
5) You need to invade Yugo and conquer it now. I believe that was a rule change.
- How to deal with Lybia or Egyptia as the supply is so bad, that troops are never in good shape?
6) I would need to see a pic but I'm assuming you are trying to invade Egypt from Libya. Your ports can only handle so much supply, so you need to watch the number of troops you have in Egypt attacking. If you start seeing a message saying, this troop is only getting basic supply and not reinforced, then you probably have too many troops for the number of ports. Try to bring HQs with you, because they add +1 to a hexes supply level of 1 or more to extend your supply line.
- Is it usefull to bombard troops before assaulting?
7)Yes, the first attack could damage it's strength, every other attack will reduce its effectiveness to fight. Be careful of the enemy placing their interceptors on full support. They will be able to intercept your bombers.
< Message edited by ago1000 -- 12/15/2020 12:25:51 AM >