Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Resolved] Aircraft Do Not Engage Vampire

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] Aircraft Do Not Engage Vampire Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Resolved] Aircraft Do Not Engage Vampire - 12/11/2020 4:49:33 PM   
tmoilanen

Hi - in the attached .save file, there are 4 flights of F-22s on an AAW Patrol mission who will not automatically engage the Vampires.

Command v1.02 - Build 1147.14

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 12/14/2020 12:06:57 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft Do Not Engage Vampire - 12/11/2020 6:16:10 PM   
thewood1

Did you check weapon allocation box? It says the altitude difference is too great for the distance between the units (snap-down shot). As the manual states, if a unit isn't firing, checking the weapon allocation window in the manual fire dialog is one of the first things you should do.

(in reply to tmoilanen)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft Do Not Engage Vampire - 12/12/2020 12:17:56 PM   
tmoilanen

I manually assigned one of the aircraft to an altitude of 1000', well within the engagement envelope. It still won't engage the missile automatically. I can manually allocate and fire missiles at the target.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft Do Not Engage Vampire - 12/12/2020 12:44:36 PM   
KungPao

Guess what?
The individual A/C's doctrine are all set at "hold fire" . That will overwrite the groups' and global doctrine

Attachment (1)

Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?

(in reply to tmoilanen)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft Do Not Engage Vampire - 12/12/2020 1:12:58 PM   
tmoilanen

Thank you! I was looking at Mission and Group doctrine and never thought to look at the individual units.

I just checked and EVERY A/C in the scenario has a doctrine of HOLD. I wonder how I managed to do that.

(in reply to KungPao)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft Do Not Engage Vampire - 12/12/2020 1:26:08 PM   
KungPao

you are welcomed. It is very annoying, you got to set the doctrine one by one in the mid air. Better to restart, go to the Editor, change all the A/C's doctrine on the Airfield
I have seen couple scenario have similar problem, that is a problem root in scenario design process

Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?

(in reply to tmoilanen)
Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft Do Not Engage Vampire - 12/12/2020 1:32:27 PM   
thewood1

There are a bunch of dependencies on setting doctrine for units on missions. I have made it a habit of using the button that forces all units on a mission to immediately adopt mission ROEs. I have found that is usually only an issue when units are assigned to missions after the mission has been created. It might happen other times also, just never noticed it.

(in reply to KungPao)
Post #: 7
RE: Aircraft Do Not Engage Vampire - 12/12/2020 1:40:30 PM   
Dimitris

As a general tip, you can quickly check if one or more units are actually authorized to engage the target(s) of interest by enabling the "Targeting Vectors" map layer. I did this in this example, and here's what it's showing:

When the targeting vector to a contact is yellow, it means the unit is not authorized to engage (this can be due to any number of reasons like contact is friendly or neutral, shooting at targets of opportunity is not allowed, WRA for this target type is "HOLD" etc. etc.). If it was authorized to engage, the vector would be green.

With this initial tip at hand, you can then obtain the precise no-authorize reason by bringing up the manual weapon-alloc window:

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 12/12/2020 1:41:07 PM >

(in reply to KungPao)
Post #: 8
RE: Aircraft Do Not Engage Vampire - 12/12/2020 3:18:35 PM   
thewood1

IIRC, the manual mentions using that weapon allocation dialog for that exact reason.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] Aircraft Do Not Engage Vampire Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI