Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.05b9] Only Extreme Vehicles can use the Tactical Nuke

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.05b9] Only Extreme Vehicles can use the Tactical Nuke Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.05b9] Only Extreme Vehicles can use the Tactical Nuke - 12/11/2020 3:51:22 AM   
Clux

As the title says, the description of the Tactical Nuke Tech says:

Allows you to produce big shell like tactical nukes. Can be fired by a modified howitzer.

However, here are where the problems starts, first, you can't fire tactical nukes from your regular artillery, where IRL it was widely used before ICBM were researched, then, I had to look up the manual and it says:

This Tech allows you to design Artillery models than can launch small nukes. The tactical nke can only be installed on the Monitor Tank and the Automated Turret.

Second, you can't use the Modified Howitzer cannon on automated turrets

I would really appreciate if we could have regular Artillery which its capable of launching nukes, it would make them still worthy by the late game and they aren't op since they only have 1 hex range and could be made them requiring machinery parts. Also since almost nobody uses automated turrets, they should be able to launch nukes, as the manual description says.
Post #: 1
RE: [1.05b9] Only Extreme Vehicles can use the Tactical... - 12/11/2020 1:07:32 PM   
Vic

If fixed the glitches for the next open beta and will think about your request for artillery launching tactical nukes.

thanks for reporting!

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.05b9] Only Extreme Vehicles can use the Tactical... - 12/11/2020 2:34:19 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

If fixed the glitches for the next open beta and will think about your request for artillery launching tactical nukes.

thanks for reporting!

best,
Vic

While we build a special artillery piece for the 1st Nuclear Artillery Shell, later the thing was fit into a "normal" artillery shell:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W33_(nuclear_warhead)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W48
I even heard of nuclear warheads being used in Anti-Air shells - talk about a Shrapnel Burst!

But generally it is easier, the bigger the barrels diameter. And especially Ships and shore batteries would have a very easy time having large enough shells.

The only real limit is that nuclear bombs and shells have a certain "minimum weight" of ~14kg, the minimum mass of Uranium for a chain reaction. Maybe a bit less with a really advanced Implosion design, but that means you propably need Tritium, Deuterium and a lot more explosives - so I am very unsure how small it realy can go.

While true fusion* would allow bigger weapons, one bigger advantage is not having such a high minimum weight.

*Not to be mistake for our Fake Fusion bombs, wich used a atomic bomb as detonator for a lot of Hydrogen.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.05b9] Only Extreme Vehicles can use the Tactical Nuke Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI