Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LOS tool jumping off

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> LOS tool jumping off Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LOS tool jumping off - 12/8/2020 8:18:57 PM   
Protonic2020

The tool seems to let go at crucial moments when you target the enemy, it´s there to target multiply times from one unit to then just let go and you´ll have to scroll back to the firing unit, then back to the enemy and target it again. In a game you lose precious time when doing that i have noticed.

And why do you have to confirm a units ambush or defense mode and at the same time click down on the unit so you determine the arc, the facing of the unit? Seems unnecessary since the units tend to move around when you don´t want them to.

Copied comment because the forum gives timeout errors and such several times, no fun to have to redo a whole long comment.

Edit: Let me rephrase that, the unit itself gets deselected.
"LOS tool jumping off", sorry but sometimes i get into a phase and all of a sudden English becomes hard to me for some reason, it comes and goes, sort of.

< Message edited by Protonic2020 -- 12/8/2020 8:24:47 PM >

Think for yourself and never let others do it for you
Post #: 1
RE: LOS tool jumping off - 12/9/2020 8:29:26 PM   
SteveMcClaire

The Fire order shouldn't select the enemy unit when you click to target it. There were some changes in that mechanism in a (relatively) recent update though. 1.1.8 should be available soon (it's already out on Steam) so let me know if you're still seeing this after you get that update.

If moving the camera around is the issue, there are several ways you can issue a fire order that can help with that. If the unit you want to give the fire order to is in view, you can target the small enemy icons around the edge of the current camera view -- these indicate enemy units out of the current camera view and you can interact with these icons (i.e. issue fire orders) without moving the camera view to show the actual enemy unit. If the unit you want to order is selected but out of the current camera view, you can either press the order short-cut keys ('V' for the Fire Order) OR right click the map or the enemy unit and select 'Fire' to give the order without moving the camera.

On the Defend order -- if you right-click the unit itself and select 'Defend' you need to click again to set the facing for the order. If you select a unit (or have the unit selected already) and right-click on the map, then pick the 'Defend' or 'Ambush' order, the facing is automatic -- the unit will defend (or ambush) facing where you right-clicked the map.

(in reply to Protonic2020)
Post #: 2
RE: LOS tool jumping off - 12/23/2020 12:07:07 AM   
ineffable

To expand a bit on Steve's advice concerning what I call the enemy 'edge' icons along the map frame - those that are in LOS of your selected unit will be highlighted with an orange border around their icon.

Having to set a facing for Defend and Ambush by selecting an order and clicking in the intended direction of facing is still somewhat easier than trying to set facing by selecting a Defend/Ambush arc and rotating it. Rather than re-directing a Defend/Ambush arc this way, I find it easier to hot key a D/A order and click the map somewhere in the direction I want that unit to face. Its only when you only want to change stance from, say, Defend to Ambush without changing facing that the extra mouse click to set facing adds to the workload.

Units shouldnt get deselected and lose their LOS line unless you left click on the map or another unit. There is a game option to deselect a unit when an order is issued to it.

Quid si

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> LOS tool jumping off Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI