Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lasers make Gauss and Charged Gauss entirely Pointless

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Lasers make Gauss and Charged Gauss entirely Pointless Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lasers make Gauss and Charged Gauss entirely Pointless - 12/7/2020 6:24:31 AM   
Pratapon51

This has been stated before in other suggestion posts. Lasers are far too big a Firepower jump over Gauss and Charged Gauss, as well as conventional guns. There's no reason at all to research Gauss weaponry when Lasers do not cost ammunition and have 2-3x the firepower potential, and that's without the future energy weapons techs.

I suggest Laser Rifles and Guns might be... (any or all of the following)
moved further down the tech tree, or
be more expensive to field (either logistically or base cost), or
receive penalties in heavy atmospheric conditions, or
see a firepower nerf and change the next tier of energy weapons to Laser level.

One other suggestion I might pose is adding non-infantry Gauss Weapons that are also unlocked with the tech . Tank coilguns, aircraft guns, and AA guns definitely ought to be on the nice-to-have list, and provide a stronger counter to liquid-armored enemies.
Post #: 1
RE: Lasers make Gauss and Charged Gauss entirely Pointless - 12/7/2020 8:10:38 PM   
Clux

Its been asked since 1 month after the release of the game and its Planned

(in reply to Pratapon51)
Post #: 2
RE: Lasers make Gauss and Charged Gauss entirely Pointless - 12/11/2020 3:05:46 PM   
Elver

Even just swapping Laser Rifles as a prereq for Laser Guns to Guns as a prereq for Rifles would make Gauss Small Arms have a longer lifespan, and would feel quite natural as the big issue with laser rifles & cannons is probably more a matter of miniaturizing a bulky very high-powered system into a small high-powered system rather than scaling up a small system into a large system where you don't have to worry as much about portability.

But if there's a Planned change in this regard coming eventually, it's probably not worth worrying too much about...

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Lasers make Gauss and Charged Gauss entirely Pointless Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI