Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Just bought CC TBF, itīs similar to Atomic Games CC series?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Just bought CC TBF, itīs similar to Atomic Games CC series? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just bought CC TBF, itīs similar to Atomic Games CC ser... - 11/30/2020 9:42:06 AM   
Protonic2020

Hello! Iīm rather new to this whole gaming community so bare with a rookie here please. Also a swede so mind my use of English also, itīs not perfect.
And also, i do have one rather old PC so it might not run that well with only 4 GB of RAM and one dual core 2.5ghz cpu\processor with 1 GB older graphic card, OS win 10, but i like it.
But is there good choices for setting the in game graphic preferences?

EDIT: Scratch the first graphic question since now iīm there already. Too few options to suit (or suite) lower end computers. Tried it in windowed mode and well below my usual desktop resolution of 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 768 i believe. It clearly lags while moving the mouse pointer around and too bad. And i do believe i have one system thatīs making use of the system resources as well as possible, a couple of things i can try but Windows 10 is also not that user friendly when it comes to running the essentials and only the essential. A full time work only there trying to regain and limit other applications from running in unnecessary "sneak" mode
Also starting on Omaha beach 10 seconds into it some units cry out the old "Weīre doomed!" from Close Combat series and i kind of yawn, looks too much like the old Atomic games Close Combat to me.
If i can find some FPS counter setting i could tell the frame rate but clearly i should have been trying some demo at first if it was\is available.
No biggie though, live and learn.

< Message edited by Protonic2020 -- 11/30/2020 4:27:55 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Just bought CC TBF, itīs similar to Atomic Games CC... - 11/30/2020 5:34:13 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Hi Protonic2020 -- there are several options you can turn off for better performance on lower end machines. I would recommend the following:

* Ground clutter off
* Shadows to low (or none)
* Antialiasing to none

(in reply to Protonic2020)
Post #: 2
RE: Just bought CC TBF, itīs similar to Atomic Games CC... - 11/30/2020 6:20:27 PM   
Protonic2020

Yeah thanks, i get it to work decently now, Omaha beach which i tried at first must have been more taxing on my PC then the campaign intro scenario in Tunis.
I have issues though with the game and that belongs to the very same old game that belonged to the Atomic game developers, you have the LOS determined from one person of the squad or some random point of the units center, itīs a green, itīs a go to open fire for effect. Mind you though, any MG gunner of the squad unit can be personally automatically positioned behind some obstacle so the main firepower of the unit wonīt ever open fire since the mechanics is the same old one as in Close Combat. "Canīt see" reported and just small arm fire. They tend to melt away and get hit according to some newly calculated system which seems different to the original game and it seems a bit random and well, "I canīt take it anymore" one of my soldiers cries out and i just say, hang in their budd... ops heīs a goner. Former buddy of ours, we salute you. I tried my "best", i think, to position you the best i could.
R.I.P. I will have to play it some more but thereīs a tendency for the units to melt away really fast under fire and i have to see also if itīs the old colored way to tell what cover the units have.

I write too long these days also i guess. Cheers

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: Just bought CC TBF, itīs similar to Atomic Games CC... - 12/23/2020 12:34:02 AM   
ineffable

Good cover and concealment are indicated by green and blue circles, respectively, around your soldiers. Soldiers without LOS to a unit's target will try to reposition to gain LOS.

You can edit the game data that causes your troops to 'melt away'. The simplest trick to increase soldier survivability is to open C:\Program Files (x86)\ . . . \Close Combat - The Bloody First\Data\Base\Soldiers\soldiers.txt in a spreadsheet and increase all soldier's head and body armor values in columns K & L from 3 and 0. Choosing the Fearless morale setting will also reduce troops melting away.

Unlike classic CC, TBF runs noticeably better on recommended spec machines and above. SHIFT+Q displays FPS upper left.

Quid si

(in reply to Protonic2020)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Just bought CC TBF, itīs similar to Atomic Games CC series? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI