Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply levels for units on amphibious transports

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Supply levels for units on amphibious transports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply levels for units on amphibious transports - 11/24/2020 4:27:58 PM   
mdsmall

What determines the supply level of units that have embarked onto Amphibious Transports? Is it the supply level of the unit when they boarded the Transport? Can their supply level go up while sitting in a friendly port or next to a port after embarking e.g. if a friendly HQ moves into the port and raises the supply for land units around it? And would their supply level when disembarking be the be the same as when they embarked (apart from the one level loss per turn at sea if they are regular Amphibious Transports).

< Message edited by mdsmall -- 11/24/2020 10:41:53 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Supply levels for units on amphibious transports - 11/25/2020 1:51:22 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Mdsmall,

Part of the cost of Amphibiously transporting your unit is to give it full supply when you transport, e.g. the Amphibious Transport unit will start at 10 supply and sitting in a port does not do anything to maintain supply of your Amphibious Transport unit as it will lose 1 supply point after that per turn.

The unload supply of your units will be whatever remaining supply level there was for your transport at the time you disembarked + 1.

For disembarking HQs, it will be 5 plus your current Amphibious Warfare research level.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply levels for units on amphibious transports - 11/25/2020 7:18:21 PM   
Taxman66

Note: Long Range Amphibs do not intrinsically loose 1 supply/turn, though they will loose 1 (like any naval unit) if they use extended movement.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply levels for units on amphibious transports - 11/28/2020 8:55:14 PM   
mdsmall

Hi Hubert - this is good to know as I don't think any of these points are mentioned in the Game Manual. For clarification: if you embark amphibious transports from port hexes in which your land units have less than 10 supply, do they gain 10 level supply by being placed onto the Amphibious Transports? If so, that's a rare example of being able to boost your supply levels without using a HQ.

Michael

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply levels for units on amphibious transports - 11/29/2020 7:30:37 PM   
BillRunacre

You are right Michael, but on the other hand it is a rather expensive way of (temporarily) boosting their supply.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Supply levels for units on amphibious transports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI