Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Missiles fired off boresight and not at target

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Missiles fired off boresight and not at target Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Missiles fired off boresight and not at target - 11/24/2020 10:56:19 AM   
jarraya

See attached - Flight Lobo10 is engaging the aircraft NNE of its current position. However, the flight is facing west and fires 4 missiles in the wrong direction and outside the weapon and radar arc. The missiles appear to want to change direction but don't.
I've noticed this behaviour at other times but this is the first time I've been able to capture it on a save. I ran the save several times and the same situation happened every time.
I've attached an image and the save file.
Build 1147.14

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 11/25/2020 6:49:15 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Missiles fired off boresight and not at target - 11/24/2020 11:24:21 AM   
thewood1

From what I can see, missiles are fired under CEC because a couple other Eurofighter flights are locked on to the enemy aircraft. That part seems plausible. If you turn on targeting lines for the missiles, you can see that are locked on to the enemy aircraft. The weirdness I see is the flight path line keeps flipping back and forth between a point in the front arc of the firing plane and the enemy aircraft direction. That seems to force the Meteors to take a middle path between the two. Eventually, a couple of the missiles turn back to the heading for an intercept. But the other two have an appointment with obscurity.

I think that only answers half the question. CEC is good and working. Two simultaneous flight paths for the Meteors does seem hinky.

(in reply to jarraya)
Post #: 2
RE: Missiles fired off boresight and not at target - 11/24/2020 3:37:15 PM   
jarraya

If I'm not mistaken I also saw this behaviour with IR missiles, but unable to repeat.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Missiles fired off boresight and not at target - 11/24/2020 3:49:02 PM   
thewood1

IR missiles can fire off boresight and do it a lot in modern AA engagements with the right missiles and fire control.

(in reply to jarraya)
Post #: 4
RE: Missiles fired off boresight and not at target - 11/24/2020 4:59:23 PM   
AndrewJ

quote:

ORIGINAL: jarraya

If I'm not mistaken I also saw this behaviour with IR missiles, but unable to repeat.

Yes, I have also seen this behaviour with AA-10-Bs.

(in reply to jarraya)
Post #: 5
RE: Missiles fired off boresight and not at target - 11/24/2020 8:49:15 PM   
jarraya

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

IR missiles can fire off boresight and do it a lot in modern AA engagements with the right missiles and fire control.

Yes, in an off boresight shot that goes towards the target. But the missiles were exhibiting the same behaviour of turning "wobbling", meaning they weren't really tracking anything. The missiles went straight west whilst the planes were north type of thing. They never turned.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 6
RE: Missiles fired off boresight and not at target - 11/25/2020 6:49:36 AM   
Rory Noonan

Logged for investigation.

(in reply to jarraya)
Post #: 7
RE: Missiles fired off boresight and not at target - 11/30/2020 4:55:35 PM   
Battelman2

That strange guidance behavior is the same as what I reported in this thread: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4907219

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Missiles fired off boresight and not at target Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI