Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Operation Locusta

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Operation Locusta Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Operation Locusta - 11/21/2020 3:46:21 PM   
slimatwar

Two issues in Operation Locusta scenario:
1) It is strange that in Gioia del Colle there's no ferry loadout for Tornadoes, isn't it?
2) Iraqi Mirage F1 EQ is regarded by WRA as 4th generation aircraft.

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 11/25/2020 6:53:11 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Operation Locusta - 11/21/2020 3:50:46 PM   
thewood1

Is it an issue with the scenario or the units overall? If its the units overall, should post this in the db issues thread.

(in reply to slimatwar)
Post #: 2
RE: Operation Locusta - 11/21/2020 9:17:31 PM   
slimatwar

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Is it an issue with the scenario or the units overall? If its the units overall, should post this in the db issues thread.

Maybe you're right.I've checked it again and the ferry loadout demands BOZ-102 pod which is not available in the magazines.
However I don't understand a 4th gen Mirage F1.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Operation Locusta - 11/22/2020 10:46:06 PM   
Rory Noonan

Hi slimatwar,

Can you provide a save file showing these issues?

Here's some useful information on tech support posts: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4739459

(in reply to slimatwar)
Post #: 4
RE: Operation Locusta - 11/23/2020 6:14:40 PM   
slimatwar

I know about posting saves but in this case there's no need for save because at the very start of the game I see Tornadoes in Gioia del Colle without ferry loadout.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 5
RE: Operation Locusta - 11/23/2020 6:30:36 PM   
Roby7979

the scenario will be updated and improved soon

do you have the steam or matrix forum version?

< Message edited by [BSM]Roby7979 -- 11/23/2020 6:39:37 PM >

(in reply to slimatwar)
Post #: 6
RE: Operation Locusta - 11/23/2020 9:39:53 PM   
slimatwar

quote:

ORIGINAL: [BSM]Roby7979

the scenario will be updated and improved soon

do you have the steam or matrix forum version?

Steam?not at all.

(in reply to Roby7979)
Post #: 7
RE: Operation Locusta - 11/23/2020 11:47:36 PM   
Rory Noonan

quote:

ORIGINAL: slimatwar

I know about posting saves but in this case there's no need for save because at the very start of the game I see Tornadoes in Gioia del Colle without ferry loadout.

So... you're not willing to cooperate with us to get this sorted?

Okay. Let us know if you change your mind and we'll take a look.

(in reply to slimatwar)
Post #: 8
RE: Operation Locusta - 11/24/2020 11:43:33 AM   
slimatwar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rory Noonan

quote:

ORIGINAL: slimatwar

So... you're not willing to cooperate with us to get this sorted?

Okay. Let us know if you change your mind and we'll take a look.

I've no problem providing you with a save but I repeat that anybody may check the issue by just opening the scenario.
Ok here's the save.Could you also check the WRA showing Mirage F1 as 4th generation?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by slimatwar -- 11/24/2020 11:44:57 AM >

Post #: 9
RE: Operation Locusta - 11/25/2020 6:52:54 AM   
Rory Noonan

Thanks for that, we'll look at it ASAP.

(in reply to slimatwar)
Post #: 10
RE: Operation Locusta - 11/25/2020 7:23:29 AM   
Rory Noonan

quote:

1)It is strange that in Gioia del Colle there's no ferry loadout for Tornadoes, isn't it?

That's a database issue; I've fixed it and it will be out with the next update.

quote:

2) Iraqi Mirage F1 EQ is regarded by WRA as 4th generation aircraft.

I'm not sure what you mean here. I've checked the WRA and Doctrine windows which is the only place I know of where aircraft generations are mentiond, and can't find any reference to the F1 EQ being a 4th generation aircraft. Apart from the reference here in the UI--in terms of simulation mechanics, Command does not use 'generations' as data points since the definitions are heavily subjective and exceptions abound.

Instead we use agility, which is an arbitrary abstraction of airframe maneuverability, avionics quality and numerous other factors that govern literally how agile an aircraft is. The other qualities that would fit into the 'generations' definitions--quality and capability of sensors, engines, pilot workload, etc are modelled explicitly with their own discrete data points. While agility is still an abstraction, and the values roughly correspond to generations in many cases, they are not the same thing.

If I've missed the point here, a screenshot might help me understand where to look.

------------------------------

On why we need a save file for things like this... This is a community scenario, so there is no internal version for us to look at here (and if there was, how would we know it was the same as your version?), and that means that we would need a large amount of back and forth to get the information we need.

To solve that problem, we have coded the information we need to fix bugs into save files so we don't need to ask you a bunch of questions and take hours/days between responses each time.

It might seem persnickety or just annoying, but we're doing it so we can get issues turned around quickly and focus on the code rather than the forum.

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 11/25/2020 7:24:26 AM >

Post #: 11
RE: Operation Locusta - 12/2/2020 12:13:53 PM   
slimatwar

Save attached.
Select the Iraqi Mirage and under the image at the top right you can see: WRA:Aircraft-4th generation Fighter/Attack.
That's what I mean.How could a Mirage F1 be 4th gen?

Attachment (1)

Post #: 12
RE: Operation Locusta - 12/2/2020 4:12:47 PM   
thewood1

After cyphering through 15 minutes of trying to find the reference you are talking about in that scenario, I found the unit you were talking about. Maybe next time post the exact unit name or even the side you are talking about. There are a hundred units airborne and it takes a while to cycle through them.

If you spent a little time looking at the WRA settings, it defines why its listed as gen. 4. Its agility is listed as 4. By definition in the WRA, that puts in that class. An agility of three is on par with Mig 21 and F-4. And that is just for WRA. It doesn't really define it as Gen. 4. All that matters is the agility. That might be something to debate, but the F1 is more likely between 3 and 4. So the devs chose 4.

(in reply to slimatwar)
Post #: 13
RE: Operation Locusta - 12/3/2020 4:43:06 PM   
slimatwar

quote:

After cyphering through 15 minutes of trying to find the reference you are talking about in that scenario, I found the unit you were talking about. Maybe next time post the exact unit name or even the side you are talking about. There are a hundred units airborne and it takes a while to cycle through them.

I saved the game when the screen was centered on the Mirage so I thought that when you open the file the screen view would be the same.However I had mentioned it's an Iraqi aircraft.

quote:

If you spent a little time looking at the WRA settings, it defines why its listed as gen. 4. Its agility is listed as 4. By definition in the WRA, that puts in that class. An agility of three is on par with Mig 21 and F-4. And that is just for WRA. It doesn't really define it as Gen. 4. All that matters is the agility. That might be something to debate, but the F1 is more likely between 3 and 4. So the devs chose 4.

Thanks for the clarification.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 14
RE: Operation Locusta - 12/3/2020 4:51:41 PM   
thewood1

Yeah, but the F1 is under a bunch of other units and is almost impossible to see until you hover directly over and zoomed way in. Its a lot easier if you give actual unit name you are asking about.

(in reply to slimatwar)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Operation Locusta Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI