Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Next updated?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Next updated? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Next updated? - 11/17/2020 10:18:27 AM   
woos1981

One year has passed. When will it be updated?
Post #: 1
RE: Next updated? - 11/17/2020 11:34:14 AM   
FaneFlugt

... and does updates also update scenarios? Is the game even "supported" 🤔

(in reply to woos1981)
Post #: 2
RE: Next updated? - 11/18/2020 2:29:25 AM   
Lobster

Even mountains eventually get 'updated'.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Wearing blinders and earplugs everything you do is correct.

(in reply to FaneFlugt)
Post #: 3
RE: Next updated? - 11/18/2020 1:37:48 PM   
FaneFlugt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

Even mountains eventually get 'updated'.

So what you are saying is that for the next update we are operating within a geological time scale... One or two periods would be acceptable, but if its longer than an era ill probably shelf the game.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 4
RE: Next updated? - 11/18/2020 9:56:24 PM   
larryfulkerson

The Big Bang allegedly happened about 13.8 Billion years ago ( which is to me like the scientists saying "Give us one miracle and we'll explain the rest from there." ) and then in an expanding and cooling universe the matter in the disk around our sun formed the planets about 4.8 Billion years ago give or take a Billion years and now the human race has been on the earth for about 100,000 years. And you're complaining about waiting for another year for an update to a popular wargame. I personally don't think it'll be that long. Like you I have no idea when it'll be issued but the developer(s) have been busy so there's a good chance that it'll be here before Christmas 2021. Before you shelve the game entirely may I suggest you play a friendly PBEM game of your favorite scenario and give it another chance to worm it's way into your heart.

You know what's black and white and red all over?

Two nuns in a chainsaw fight.

(in reply to FaneFlugt)
Post #: 5
RE: Next updated? - 11/19/2020 7:00:59 AM   
FaneFlugt

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

The Big Bang allegedly happened about 13.8 Billion years ago ( which is to me like the scientists saying "Give us one miracle and we'll explain the rest from there." ) and then in an expanding and cooling universe the matter in the disk around our sun formed the planets about 4.8 Billion years ago give or take a Billion years and now the human race has been on the earth for about 100,000 years. And you're complaining about waiting for another year for an update to a popular wargame. I personally don't think it'll be that long. Like you I have no idea when it'll be issued but the developer(s) have been busy so there's a good chance that it'll be here before Christmas 2021. Before you shelve the game entirely may I suggest you play a friendly PBEM game of your favorite scenario and give it another chance to worm it's way into your heart.

Haha, a year from now I probably havent finished the current PBEM game. But I find it hopeful that you believe in an interventionist gamecreator. I apologize for posting such a sacrilegious comment

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 6
RE: Next updated? - 11/19/2020 1:08:43 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: FaneFlugt
Haha, a year from now I probably havent finished the current PBEM game. But I find it hopeful that you believe in an interventionist gamecreator. I apologize for posting such a sacrilegious comment

A pox upon you.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Wearing blinders and earplugs everything you do is correct.

(in reply to FaneFlugt)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Next updated? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI