Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Combat Cargo and VPs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Combat Cargo and VPs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Combat Cargo and VPs - 11/11/2020 10:50:52 PM   
BeirutDude

The unit ID numbers for "Cargo" units don't seem to match the numbers for actual "Land Facility" units. This causes a question for awarding VPs will the game recognize a unit has landed? For example if a "Cargo" AAV-7 unit (#2441) is landed and I have awarded 20 VPs for a "Land Facility" AAV-7 unit (#2135) being in a location for, say 15 minutes, will they be recognized as the land facility unit for the awarding of VPs?

The "Name" of the units is the same

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 11/11/2020 11:07:56 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Post #: 1
RE: Combat Cargo and VPs - 11/12/2020 3:48:28 AM   
KnightHawk75

I think it goes by categoryid and then dbid, and not unit name, so probably not? IDK you'd have to test and see for sure atm. Also if you use a specific unit I think grabs that unit's guid to match on not the name, unless that's changed over time.

One of several reason I don't like the system such as it replaces unit guids and id's with other generic units upon pickup\drop off, but as I've also said something is better than nothing atm while they work on a better cargo system.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 2
RE: Combat Cargo and VPs - 11/12/2020 11:47:55 PM   
BeirutDude

Yeah I've sandboxed out a few different options and nothing is totally satisfying. So my original goal was the amphibious/para landings to liberate an island with the landing of cargo being the primary VP method. I have some other ideas, but again not the original goal.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 3
RE: Combat Cargo and VPs - 11/13/2020 12:46:26 AM   
Rory Noonan

I would approach this by adding a 'unit remains in area' trigger of a few seconds, with the area set as your intended landing zone. Each time the trigger fires, it checks the GUID of UnitX (the unit that caused the trigger to fire). The first time a unit causes the trigger to fire, the GUID is stored as a keyvalue. Every subsequent time the check against GUID finds that key value, so a particular unit can only cause this to fire once.

If you need further help post the .scen file and a clear description of the exact behaviour you'd like to see and I'll see what I can come up with.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 4
RE: Combat Cargo and VPs - 11/14/2020 11:59:19 AM   
BeirutDude

quote:

I would approach this by adding a 'unit remains in area' trigger of a few seconds, with the area set as your intended landing zone. Each time the trigger fires, it checks the GUID of UnitX (the unit that caused the trigger to fire). The first time a unit causes the trigger to fire, the GUID is stored as a keyvalue. Every subsequent time the check against GUID finds that key value, so a particular unit can only cause this to fire once.

If you need further help post the .scen file and a clear description of the exact behaviour you'd like to see and I'll see what I can come up with.

First thanks for the help and suggestion.

This was the first thing I checked, just using a very Generic "Land_Facility" and a blanket VP award for all classes. It seemed to be firing multiple times. Now I'm trying actual classes, "Inf," :Armor," "Mech." and some Specific types like LAV-25 so we'll see how that works!

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Combat Cargo and VPs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI