Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Blockading Naval Units do not intercept Enemy Troop Transports!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Blockading Naval Units do not intercept Enemy Troop Transports! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blockading Naval Units do not intercept Enemy Troop Tra... - 11/9/2020 2:47:16 PM   
Capt Cliff

I has a Brit fleet off Benghazi when I loaded a axis unit onto ship and sailed off to Naples!! The Brit fleet did nothing!! Huh??? Is this right?? No interception attempt was made!! Thoughts anyone?

Capt. Cliff
Post #: 1
RE: Blockading Naval Units do not intercept Enemy Troop... - 11/9/2020 3:00:13 PM   
kennonlightfoot

Interception only occurs based on the hex they stop in. Leaving triggers nothing. Which is why even with the entire UK and US navy surrounding a lone enemy fleet that fleet can sail right through them as long as it doesn't stop within five hexes of any of them.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 2
RE: Blockading Naval Units do not intercept Enemy Troop... - 11/9/2020 4:10:40 PM   
MagicMissile

I love the game but would really like to see interception at departure and arrival hex. I hope this maybe could change in WP2 but maybe it is very tricky to program I dont know.

/MM

(in reply to kennonlightfoot)
Post #: 3
RE: Blockading Naval Units do not intercept Enemy Troop... - 11/10/2020 3:10:07 PM   
kennonlightfoot

I would really like an even large expansion of interception so that air units could attack ships passing through their full range. The lack of that is why air is so useless against raiders even though it was the decisive factor in winning the Battle of the Atlantic. Since the German only has to avoid stopping in range of an air unit, they can usually avoid them unless the Allies dedicate a dozen or more air units to covering the sea lanes. Which would be prohibitively expensive considering how ineffective they are at actually attacking a Raider Surface or Sub fleet.

(in reply to MagicMissile)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Blockading Naval Units do not intercept Enemy Troop Transports! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI