Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Clarification of Advancements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Clarification of Advancements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Clarification of Advancements - 11/7/2020 8:41:16 PM   
canuckgamer

My friend and I are playing our first PBEM game and both of us need clarification of advancements. Is the top line where it has the years 1939 - 1945 merely describing the level of advancement instead of using say level 1, level 2 etc? Can you be at a specific advancement level even though the time in the game has not reached that year?

In my advancement table it indicates large warships and warships at 40. On the right side panel it has the #2 beside surface, anti air and defense for large warships but for warships everything is zero except for defense which is 1. When I click on my fleets, the BB, and CA's indicate warship 1939 whereas the DD indicates warship 40. Aren't BB and CA large warships in which case how come they are not showing warship 40? Are the numbers an indication of the advancement level?

In the opening turn report it said my UK bomber advancement >2. In the advancement table for the UK Strategic Bombing, the year 1941 is highlighted in yellow. Strategic and Defense have the #1, all others are at zero.

In the updated manual it reads:

There is no manual upgrading for a unit. Upgrading a unit uses
production points. Units upgrade their advancements automatically from the repair pool.

However when I checked one of my fighters I had to manually update it to the next level for interception.
Post #: 1
RE: Clarification of Advancements - 11/7/2020 11:24:23 PM   
sillyflower

1 Advancements can be made ahead of the 'actual' date but in reality only if you max out the research points for that topic.

CAs and older battleships are just plain warships. Type of ship is displayed top left of the counter.

Upgrading is automatic in the sense that points set aside for reinforcement/upgrades are automatically used for those purposes. If not enough points are set aside, then upgrading won't happen for everyone. Also note that upgrading a unit can take several turns. I assume this is because the points are spread between units rather that to 1 unit then the remainder going to unit 2 etc. This is the only reason why you need to prioritise units if you want them to get a bigger share of the available upgrade/reinforcement PPs.

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 2
RE: Clarification of Advancements - 11/7/2020 11:30:39 PM   
ComadrejaKorp

I answer some of your questions, I hope it helps you.

Can you be at a specific advancement level even though the time in the game has not reached that year? Yes. it's possible.

Aren't BB and CA large warships. It can be both, you must see what type of advance they have assigned.

they are not showing warship 40? You must upload his technology in port
=<5

Are the numbers an indication of the advancement level? Yes, they show you in which year of advance you have them, you can update them, it costs 10% of the current value

There is no manual upgrading for a unit. Upgrading a unit uses
production points. Units upgrade their advancements automatically from the repair pool. This means that to update you must have production points assigned to the reinforcements / updates, in the manual you will find a table where it indicates the order of priority in which they are distributed.

one of my fighters I had to manually update it to the next level for interception I assume you did it by prioritizing reinforcements to this unit, activating the green cross in its detail panel.

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 3
RE: Clarification of Advancements - 11/8/2020 2:02:57 PM   
kennonlightfoot

Only a few fleets in the game are Large Warships and they are all BB's. I think the UK has two, Nelson and some other. I believe the Germans have the Bismarck. The US and Italy both get one Large Warship BB. Which makes putting Advancement points into it rather cost inefficient. Wish they would change that so Warship Advancement applied to both types.

(in reply to ComadrejaKorp)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Clarification of Advancements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI