Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Maybe something up with Air Jamming?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Maybe something up with Air Jamming? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Maybe something up with Air Jamming? - 11/7/2020 7:08:09 PM   
BDukes

There might be issue with Air Jamming. I need dev eye for this.

Okay have TU-142 with Wet Eye [Korshun-KN-N]radar that detects carrier a good range out despite having power full Growler and Prowler in face. Bands look right so something might be off.

Check out files have both before and after files.

Thank you!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 11/9/2020 12:07:08 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Maybe something up with Air Jamming? - 11/7/2020 7:55:06 PM   
thewood1

I'm not sure what the problem is. I tried all four versions and the Bear detects the carrier ambiguously between 75-85 nm away. That radar is pretty powerful and has a max range of 150 nm. I did note that the Bear couldn't get an exact fix on the carrier until less than 50 nm. In fact, even after detection, the Bear keeps losing the carrier and can't maintain a steady contact until relatively close. Also, where is the Prowler? I couldn't find one in the game. All I saw was the growler and a Hawkeye.

On the first version, I shut off the jamming and and started the scenario and the Bear detected the carrier immediately at 100 nm and quickly gets a close fix. So the jamming is having a significant effect. Are you seeing or looking for something different to happen?

edit: Just checked the OOB and there is no airborne Prowler. Only a Growler and a Hawkeye.

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 11/7/2020 8:02:28 PM >

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 2
RE: Maybe something up with Air Jamming? - 11/7/2020 10:52:03 PM   
BDukes

Hi Wood

There are four files. The first two are before and after with Growler, the second are before and after with Prowler.I hope I named them such.

My expectation is the Wet Eye should be jammed aircraft given their proximity to the emitting jammer. My real-world experience (electrical engineering!) say that the closer the jammer is, if frequency and geometry correct, the more powerful it is. These jammers were designed to jam these exact radars. I just don't understand what is going on and hoping a dev can take a look. Its its correct, that is fine. If not, well, up to them.

Always in the best spirit Wood.

Bill

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Maybe something up with Air Jamming? - 11/8/2020 1:15:28 AM   
thewood1

So are you saying that the Growler should prevent the Bear from ever seeing the carrier? Keeping cutting detection range more than in half and preventing a full contact is not enough?

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 4
RE: Maybe something up with Air Jamming? - 11/8/2020 2:56:30 PM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

So are you saying that the Growler should prevent the Bear from ever seeing the carrier? Keeping cutting detection range more than in half and preventing a full contact is not enough?

Not ever but the current condition is you have a jammer that is very close to radar and in between the radar and a target (which is a little irrelevant to the relationship going on electronically between jammer and radar). So in theory if conditions/variables are right (these game physics are the unknowns for me) the jammer stays close and in spec to giving enough jamming power the wet eye should be jammed. Obviously if it move or there is something with the Wet Eye or Jammer pods that don't match and its not eating the full power and frequency of the jam than detectability of a target beyond should increase. I can't do run math because the game doesn't provide the variables. This is not a criticism but a reason why I'm asking a dev to check over. I'm not even close to say they are even wrong and will trust their answer.If you can contribute to that cause, great.

Thank you!

Bill

< Message edited by BDukes -- 11/8/2020 2:57:15 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: Maybe something up with Air Jamming? - 11/9/2020 12:07:19 AM   
Rory Noonan

Logged for investigation.

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Maybe something up with Air Jamming? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI