Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Type 95 Tank

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Type 95 Tank Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Type 95 Tank - 11/4/2020 3:43:30 PM   
Andy Mac

I have conflicting sources does anyone have good data on the front turret, side hull armour and front hull armour ??
Post #: 1
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/4/2020 4:00:27 PM   
GetAssista

Do you mean type 95 ha-go (light) or type 95 ro-go (heavy)?

I get a hunch that it is the former somehow. With its miniscule 6-13mm armor does it really matter much where you place the thicker parts? Logically the front and tower will be thicker.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 2
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/4/2020 4:07:40 PM   
Andy Mac

I suspect thats my problem sources are not clear which Tank they are talking about

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 3
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/4/2020 4:19:15 PM   
kbfchicago

Andy,

Peter Chamberlain & Chris Ellis in their Tanks of the World 1915-1945 cite the Type 95 Ha-Go as having "6-12mm" of armor, they did not break it down by facing/turret. I have a number of tactical armor rule sets (Tractics, Tanks!, TSR's Panzer, et.al. that site facing and in some cases turret values) but not sure I'd consider those as "references" for the information you're looking for (and they're buried in boxes...somewhere around here...).

Chamberlain also cites the Ro-Go noted above, but not likely of interest as it seems only one experimental Ro-Go was built (in 1934), never produced.

If you want me to see if I can dig up what other game(s) have cited here, let me know and I'll hunt through the boxes.

Kevin

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 4
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/4/2020 4:35:22 PM   
RADM.Yamaguchi

Andy,

sorry no help with the tanks but i never noticed where you were from before. What a beautiful place. We drove by there last year on the way form Oban to Glasgow. Had a nice lunch at a place on Loch Lommond.

You probably don't miss all the American tourists that didn't come this year.

(in reply to kbfchicago)
Post #: 5
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/4/2020 6:13:17 PM   
Andy Mac

quote:

ORIGINAL: kbfchicago

Andy,

Peter Chamberlain & Chris Ellis in their Tanks of the World 1915-1945 cite the Type 95 Ha-Go as having "6-12mm" of armor, they did not break it down by facing/turret. I have a number of tactical armor rule sets (Tractics, Tanks!, TSR's Panzer, et.al. that site facing and in some cases turret values) but not sure I'd consider those as "references" for the information you're looking for (and they're buried in boxes...somewhere around here...).

Chamberlain also cites the Ro-Go noted above, but not likely of interest as it seems only one experimental Ro-Go was built (in 1934), never produced.

If you want me to see if I can dig up what other game(s) have cited here, let me know and I'll hunt through the boxes.

Kevin

Thanks all ok now worked out a version thanks

(in reply to kbfchicago)
Post #: 6
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/4/2020 6:14:04 PM   
Andy Mac

quote:

ORIGINAL: RADM.Yamaguchi

Andy,

sorry no help with the tanks but i never noticed where you were from before. What a beautiful place. We drove by there last year on the way form Oban to Glasgow. Had a nice lunch at a place on Loch Lommond.

Unfortunately I now live in South London !!! Grew up in Gods Country moved to the other end of the spectrum :)

(in reply to RADM.Yamaguchi)
Post #: 7
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/4/2020 6:15:09 PM   
Andy Mac

Thanks all resolved once I realised the 30mm version was technically a heavy tank ;)

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 8
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/4/2020 10:54:01 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

quote:

Andy,

Unfortunately I now live in South London !!! Grew up in Gods Country moved to the other end of the spectrum :)

I echo the feelings. I have hiked a part of the West Highland Way from Drymen near Alexandria up to Tyndrum some 20 years ago. Fond memories of this beautiful area - skinny-dipping in Loch Lommond included . Spent the last three days of this vacation trip at London - interesting as well, but much less appreciated. If it hadn't been for the IWM and HMS Belfast...

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 9
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/4/2020 11:02:35 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

ORIGINAL: kbfchicago

Andy,

Kevin

At close range, an 8mm (German) can penetrate that)

(in reply to kbfchicago)
Post #: 10
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/4/2020 11:35:54 PM   
RADM.Yamaguchi

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

quote:

quote:

Andy,

I echo the feelings. I have hiked a part of the West Highland Way from Drymen near Alexandria up to Tyndrum some 20 years ago. Fond memories of this beautiful area - skinny-dipping in Loch Lommond included . Spent the last three days of this vacation trip at London - interesting as well, but much less appreciated. If it hadn't been for the IWM and HMS Belfast...

Man! I hope it was August. That lake is deep and cold. Otherwise there must have been a lot of shrinkage going on.

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 11
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/4/2020 11:44:01 PM   
fcooke

quote:

quote:

Andy,

South London - what are you thinking???? Truth be told it is undergoing a great revitalization. Borough market, Southwark, great views of the Thames. Still not sure if I would want to wander into Elephant & Castle after dark though.

Just saying.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 12
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/5/2020 12:34:37 AM   
RangerJoe

I spent a long weekend in London once. It was New Years! It beat the hell where I was for most of Christmas Day.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 13
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/5/2020 1:05:40 AM   
fcooke

London is a great city. A good place to spend New Years. Although I suspect there will be pub attrition in the current world. The wife and I flew into Sydney on New Years day a 'few' years ago. People were still in the streets as we landed around 7am. Every Aussie I have ever known knows how to work hard and play hard. Long flight though. Before the current environment I think Quantas was figuring out a direst flight from Dallas or Houston to Sydney. Not sure that will fly anymore. But Sydney (like London) is an awesome place - and they serve Victoria bitter

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 14
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/6/2020 5:47:02 AM   
JeffroK

Best part of Sydney is the road south to where Vic Bitter comes from!!!

South London, my lot came from Rotherhithe in the late 1840's, no convicts in family. Ships deserters to the Ballarat goldfields.

PS. I love how people have been to Sydney/Gold Coast/Perth and say they love Australia. Its like going to LA and forming an opinion on the whole USA.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 15
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/6/2020 1:25:53 PM   
RangerJoe

I read something, I don't know if it is true or not, that an Australian spent at least a month touring in the USA. He started in LA and ended up in New York City. He was asked what he like best about the United States. The person asking expected him to say something about either a city or various parts of the country that he had been to. His response? "The bloody, bottomless cup of coffee!"

― Julia Child

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 16
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/6/2020 4:09:50 PM   
fcooke

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffroK

Best part of Sydney is the road south to where Vic Bitter comes from!!!

South London, my lot came from Rotherhithe in the late 1840's, no convicts in family. Ships deserters to the Ballarat goldfields.

PS. I love how people have been to Sydney/Gold Coast/Perth and say they love Australia. Its like going to LA and forming an opinion on the whole USA.

OZ is huge. We were there for three weeks. Got Sydney, Melbourne, Brissy and then some time out on Lizard island, which is on the Great Barrier reef. Fun flight, 7 seater, a barefoot pilot, no co-pilot, and the runway at Lizard is basically U-shaped, high on both ends but a decent dip in the middle. But a great resort, and the lizards abound. Also a cool research station on the island. And the diving is great. I would go back and try to get Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin. And then get to New Zealand while 'in the neighborhood'.

I would also like to get to a lot of the Pacific islands at some point, but those logistics require AE like planning.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 17
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/6/2020 8:20:04 PM   
JeffroK

One of my cousins had the right idea, being a Tradie he didnt have problems picking up work and he spent about 15 months crossing the USA.
Bought a gigantic convertible (We call them Yank Tanks)and spent a month here, a month there.
Really the only way to see anywhere.

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 18
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/6/2020 8:58:01 PM   
fcooke

Now that I am retired that could work. Though the 5 dogs might be a problem. A couple of them don't really care for autos. And unless I can afford a private plane, they are not going into the hold on commercial. Lost one that way on a trip from London to NY. One of the worst days of my life. Maybe ship. Maybe ark, maybe balloon. But not commercial airlines.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 19
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/6/2020 10:11:29 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcooke

Now that I am retired that could work. Though the 5 dogs might be a problem. A couple of them don't really care for autos. And unless I can afford a private plane, they are not going into the hold on commercial. Lost one that way on a trip from London to NY. One of the worst days of my life. Maybe ship. Maybe ark, maybe balloon. But not commercial airlines.

With the level of passenger traffic these days, you could probably bargain for six seats in first class for you and your dogs. You get to have their free drinks too!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 20
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/7/2020 8:43:10 AM   
JeffroK

Dont even think about your dogs, they wont enjoy the substantial quarantine.

Come to think of it, you arent going to be allowed access into a Covid free country for a few years

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 21
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/7/2020 11:51:25 AM   
fcooke

I like the idea of first class seats for me and the furries. And OZ won't want my visitor dollars? I could get a test before getting on the plane. though unless I can get one out of Newark, I'm not really willing to go to JFK.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 22
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/7/2020 4:15:05 PM   
Moltrey

Although I only made it to Perth via our anchoring at Fremantle in 1986, I distinctly remember thinking that Australians are, as a group, the friendliest people I have ever been around. Total strangers on the street saying "g-day" over and over. I wasn't in uniform either.
I remember visiting Tactics game shop and buying West End Games' RAF, a solitaire Battle of Britain title (now owned by Decision Games). Played the hell out of that one over the years, good, nail-biting fun!

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 23
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/7/2020 7:14:53 PM   
JeffroK

quote:

I like the idea of first class seats for me and the furries. And OZ won't want my visitor dollars? I could get a test before getting on the plane. though unless I can get one out of Newark, I'm not really willing to go to JFK.

I personally cant see us allowing any tourists in from the USA, Europe and most of Asia before the end of 2021.
The virus is under control here, very small pockets that get stomped on quickly, unlike the 100,000+ per day in the USA or Europe.
I'm afraid your $$$ are not wanted that much.

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 24
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/7/2020 11:11:22 PM   
fcooke

Jeff - I have an Irish passport as well - think that will work? I can bring euros instead of USD......

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 25
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/7/2020 11:18:35 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

I personally cant see us allowing any tourists in from the USA, Europe and most of Asia before the end of 2021.
The virus is under control here, very small pockets that get stomped on quickly, unlike the 100,000+ per day in the USA or Europe.
I'm afraid your $$$ are not wanted that much.

The dollars probably are wanted but not the people who may be infected.

― Julia Child

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 26
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/8/2020 2:20:29 AM   
rustysi

quote:

+1

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 27
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/8/2020 4:14:45 AM   
JeffroK

Spot on!!!
We cannot afford to allow anyone from such a Covid ridden area into Australia. Even Aussie citizens returning have to isolate at a Govt nominated location at their cost for 14 days.

Dont plan on this changing much before a proven vaccine is in place. Maybe a bubble with NZ and other Pacific islands

Oversea tourist $$$ are partially replaced by locals holidaying in OZ, too many have been to Bali but havent seen 5% of their own country.

Maybe your best bet for a holiday is somewhere in the USA.

PS Irelands numbers are worse than the USA so you cant wave your Green passport yet.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 28
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/8/2020 4:14:53 AM   
fcooke

dont think I am infected but need to get tested to cross state borders. Going to see my sis in Plymouth MA for Thanksgiving. Kinda cool when you think about T-day at the original spot.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 29
RE: Type 95 Tank - 11/8/2020 2:57:39 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

Man! I hope it was August. That lake is deep and cold. Otherwise there must have been a lot of shrinkage going on.

Late September and Loch Lomond was so cold I was afraid the shrinkage might be permanent.

quote:

South London, my lot came from Rotherhithe in the late 1840's.

Made a short family trip to London last year for the Boxing Day Sales, some quick sight-seeing and to give the kids the occasion to practice their English. In order to max the available funds for shopping, economies concerning accomodation had to be made. We found a very affordable studio for rent for a few days at Rotherhithe. Not the nicest area of London for sure, but it looks like lots of efforts have been made to restructure it after the docks closed down. Still, lots of old brick housing around, some still showing the marks of the Blitz bombings. Spent a splendid evening in the "Ship and Whale" pub near the Greenland Dock with nice locals telling us more about the history of Rotherhithe, the indispensable fish'n'chips and a few pints of "Spitfire" ale and lager - so I can now brag back at home that I have crossed the channel and downed a couple of Spitfires . Looks like it was the last trip for some time, a few weeks later the Corona virus started to hit Europe, and since March I'm doing homeoffice and have rarely ventured far from home due to lock-down.

(in reply to RADM.Yamaguchi)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Type 95 Tank Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI