Type 95 Tank

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Andy Mac

Type 95 Tank

Post by Andy Mac »

I have conflicting sources does anyone have good data on the front turret, side hull armour and front hull armour ??
GetAssista

RE: Type 95 Tank

Post by GetAssista »

Do you mean type 95 ha-go (light) or type 95 ro-go (heavy)? [:)]

I get a hunch that it is the former somehow. With its miniscule 6-13mm armor does it really matter much where you place the thicker parts? Logically the front and tower will be thicker.
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

I suspect thats my problem sources are not clear which Tank they are talking about
kbfchicago

Post by kbfchicago »

Andy,

Peter Chamberlain & Chris Ellis in their Tanks of the World 1915-1945 cite the Type 95 Ha-Go as having "6-12mm" of armor, they did not break it down by facing/turret. I have a number of tactical armor rule sets (Tractics, Tanks!, TSR's Panzer, et.al. that site facing and in some cases turret values) but not sure I'd consider those as "references" for the information you're looking for (and they're buried in boxes...somewhere around here...).

Chamberlain also cites the Ro-Go noted above, but not likely of interest as it seems only one experimental Ro-Go was built (in 1934), never produced.

If you want me to see if I can dig up what other game(s) have cited here, let me know and I'll hunt through the boxes.

Kevin
MacBook Pro / WITP-AE running in Parallels v15.x
RADM.Yamaguchi

Post by RADM.Yamaguchi »

Andy,

sorry no help with the tanks but i never noticed where you were from before. What a beautiful place. We drove by there last year on the way form Oban to Glasgow. Had a nice lunch at a place on Loch Lommond.

You probably don't miss all the American tourists that didn't come this year.
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

ORIGINAL: kbfchicago

Andy,

Peter Chamberlain & Chris Ellis in their Tanks of the World 1915-1945 cite the Type 95 Ha-Go as having "6-12mm" of armor, they did not break it down by facing/turret. I have a number of tactical armor rule sets (Tractics, Tanks!, TSR's Panzer, et.al. that site facing and in some cases turret values) but not sure I'd consider those as "references" for the information you're looking for (and they're buried in boxes...somewhere around here...).

Chamberlain also cites the Ro-Go noted above, but not likely of interest as it seems only one experimental Ro-Go was built (in 1934), never produced.

If you want me to see if I can dig up what other game(s) have cited here, let me know and I'll hunt through the boxes.

Kevin
Thanks all ok now worked out a version thanks
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

ORIGINAL: RADM.Yamaguchi

Andy,

sorry no help with the tanks but i never noticed where you were from before. What a beautiful place. We drove by there last year on the way form Oban to Glasgow. Had a nice lunch at a place on Loch Lommond.

Unfortunately I now live in South London !!! Grew up in Gods Country moved to the other end of the spectrum :)
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

Thanks all resolved once I realised the 30mm version was technically a heavy tank ;)
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Andy,

Unfortunately I now live in South London !!! Grew up in Gods Country moved to the other end of the spectrum :)

I echo the feelings. I have hiked a part of the West Highland Way from Drymen near Alexandria up to Tyndrum some 20 years ago. Fond memories of this beautiful area - skinny-dipping in Loch Lommond included [:)]. Spent the last three days of this vacation trip at London - interesting as well, but much less appreciated. If it hadn't been for the IWM and HMS Belfast...
Rusty1961

Post by Rusty1961 »

ORIGINAL: kbfchicago

Andy,

Kevin

At close range, an 8mm (German) can penetrate that)
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
RADM.Yamaguchi

Post by RADM.Yamaguchi »

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Andy,

I echo the feelings. I have hiked a part of the West Highland Way from Drymen near Alexandria up to Tyndrum some 20 years ago. Fond memories of this beautiful area - skinny-dipping in Loch Lommond included [:)]. Spent the last three days of this vacation trip at London - interesting as well, but much less appreciated. If it hadn't been for the IWM and HMS Belfast...
Man! I hope it was August. That lake is deep and cold. Otherwise there must have been a lot of shrinkage going on.
fcooke

Post by fcooke »

Andy,

South London - what are you thinking???? Truth be told it is undergoing a great revitalization. Borough market, Southwark, great views of the Thames. Still not sure if I would want to wander into Elephant & Castle after dark though.

Just saying.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

I spent a long weekend in London once. It was New Years! It beat the hell where I was for most of Christmas Day. [:(]
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

fcooke

Post by fcooke »

London is a great city. A good place to spend New Years. Although I suspect there will be pub attrition in the current world. The wife and I flew into Sydney on New Years day a 'few' years ago. People were still in the streets as we landed around 7am. Every Aussie I have ever known knows how to work hard and play hard. Long flight though. Before the current environment I think Quantas was figuring out a direst flight from Dallas or Houston to Sydney. Not sure that will fly anymore. But Sydney (like London) is an awesome place - and they serve Victoria bitter
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Best part of Sydney is the road south to where Vic Bitter comes from!!!

South London, my lot came from Rotherhithe in the late 1840's, no convicts in family. Ships deserters to the Ballarat goldfields.

PS. I love how people have been to Sydney/Gold Coast/Perth and say they love Australia. Its like going to LA and forming an opinion on the whole USA.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

I read something, I don't know if it is true or not, that an Australian spent at least a month touring in the USA. He started in LA and ended up in New York City. He was asked what he like best about the United States. The person asking expected him to say something about either a city or various parts of the country that he had been to. His response? "The bloody, bottomless cup of coffee!"[:D]
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

fcooke

Post by fcooke »

ORIGINAL: JeffroK

Best part of Sydney is the road south to where Vic Bitter comes from!!!

South London, my lot came from Rotherhithe in the late 1840's, no convicts in family. Ships deserters to the Ballarat goldfields.

PS. I love how people have been to Sydney/Gold Coast/Perth and say they love Australia. Its like going to LA and forming an opinion on the whole USA.
OZ is huge. We were there for three weeks. Got Sydney, Melbourne, Brissy and then some time out on Lizard island, which is on the Great Barrier reef. Fun flight, 7 seater, a barefoot pilot, no co-pilot, and the runway at Lizard is basically U-shaped, high on both ends but a decent dip in the middle. But a great resort, and the lizards abound. Also a cool research station on the island. And the diving is great. I would go back and try to get Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin. And then get to New Zealand while 'in the neighborhood'.

I would also like to get to a lot of the Pacific islands at some point, but those logistics require AE like planning.
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

One of my cousins had the right idea, being a Tradie he didnt have problems picking up work and he spent about 15 months crossing the USA.
Bought a gigantic convertible (We call them Yank Tanks)and spent a month here, a month there.
Really the only way to see anywhere.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
fcooke

Post by fcooke »

Now that I am retired that could work. Though the 5 dogs might be a problem. A couple of them don't really care for autos. And unless I can afford a private plane, they are not going into the hold on commercial. Lost one that way on a trip from London to NY. One of the worst days of my life. Maybe ship. Maybe ark, maybe balloon. But not commercial airlines.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: fcooke

Now that I am retired that could work. Though the 5 dogs might be a problem. A couple of them don't really care for autos. And unless I can afford a private plane, they are not going into the hold on commercial. Lost one that way on a trip from London to NY. One of the worst days of my life. Maybe ship. Maybe ark, maybe balloon. But not commercial airlines.
With the level of passenger traffic these days, you could probably bargain for six seats in first class for you and your dogs. You get to have their free drinks too! [:)]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”