Cannot Input LCU Combat Orders

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

wolfclan

Cannot Input LCU Combat Orders

Post by wolfclan »

A problem just appeared in my game. I cannot change the combat orders of any LCU. I have restarted the computer and game, and have tried different scenarios with no improvement. When I open the LCU screen, the screen appears normal except it only shows "combat orders defend" greyed out.
I have no problem changing the operations mode.

BBfanboy

RE: Cannot Input LCU Combat Orders

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: wolfclan

A problem just appeared in my game. I cannot change the combat orders of any LCU. I have restarted the computer and game, and have tried different scenarios with no improvement. When I open the LCU screen, the screen appears normal except it only shows "combat orders defend" greyed out.
I have no problem changing the operations mode.

Post screenshots, including the "Radio" screen that shows your game version. Are you sure you installed the original game and then the patches?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
wolfclan

Post by wolfclan »

I can't figure out how to post a screen shot. Yes, original first then the patches. I have been playing this version of the game for years. The game version is 1.8.11.26b sep 17 2016
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

There has to be an enemy unit present in the hex for combat orders to be available. Are you saying all of your units are in hexes occupied by enemy units?

wolfclan

Post by wolfclan »

Now I feel dumb. I tried a hex with enemy units, and yes, it works. However, the problem still exists in a hex that had a enemy unit, but the unit was "eliminated by attrition". I had units with order of bombard and they still show as having orders to bombard which I cannot change.
Thanks
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: wolfclan

I can't figure out how to post a screen shot. Yes, original first then the patches. I have been playing this version of the game for years. The game version is 1.8.11.26b sep 17 2016
Center your screen on what you want to post, then press the Prt Scr key. That copies the screen image to your clipboard. Do not do any other copying until you have finished saving your image.
Next, open Paint or any other Graphics editing program. Start a new project and Paste the screen image onto the blank page.

Edit your screenshot to highlight what you are trying to show - add text boxes if you wish. Save it in a directory you can find later.

Return to the forum, and in this thread select the "Reply" button at the top of a post (the Quick Reply at the bottom of the page does not allow uploaded stuff).

Type your text about the picture, then select the "Embed picture in post" box. Now click on the "Click here to upload!" text, browse to your directory with the file, select (open) the file and keep selecting OK until the post is made with the picture below.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Don't worry about the bombardment, when a check is done the game will see there's no enemy to bombard and move on.

wolfclan

Post by wolfclan »

Ok thanks. And bbfanboy, thanks for the instructions for posting screenshots.

Return to “Tech Support”