Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SCWAW, WW11 Yugoslavia and Commonwealth

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> SCWAW, WW11 Yugoslavia and Commonwealth Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SCWAW, WW11 Yugoslavia and Commonwealth - 10/24/2020 1:03:44 AM   
HarrySmith

Hi guys,
Noticed with latest update that The Allies get first use of Yugoslavia now. This is historically very incorrect as in the game it allows the Allied player to upgrade all units and position for an ongoing defense.Reality was the war lasted 12 days with the German losses minimal to non existent. 130 odd killed and 370 causalities. This change should not happen as the Germans should have the jump and it also impedes the German invasion of Russia. No idea why you did change but please rectify back to how it was.
Also to reiterate that all the commonwealth forces should declare war on Germany the first turn as historically this is correct. One game I played had New Zealand declaring at the end of Feb 1940.
If these issues could be looked at with the next update that would be appreciated.
Regards
Harry
Post #: 1
RE: SCWAW, WW11 Yugoslavia and Commonwealth - 10/27/2020 3:23:02 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi HarrySmith,

Regarding Yugoslavia, I don't believe anything has changed here but there is an opportunity for the Allies to support a pro Allied coup via DECISION event 104. There is more info regarding the required conditions as well as the end results for this particular event in the Strategy Guide for this event.

While it can possibly add some variety from game to game, if it is objectionable, it can always be disabled in single player or Hotseat mode prior to starting a game via the ADVANCED->SCRIPTS option.

For the Commonwealth countries, there is the possibility here too for some variety from game to game, but again if it is objectionable, the HISTORICAL entries can be enabled and the VARIABLE ones disabled for any single player or Hotseat game prior to game start by also navigating to the ADVANCED->SCRIPTS screen and changing the settings for the WAR ENTRY scripts.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to HarrySmith)
Post #: 2
RE: SCWAW, WW11 Yugoslavia and Commonwealth - 10/27/2020 6:10:31 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi HarrySmith,

Apologies, I do see that the timing for DECISION event 104 has changed to make it a bit more variable, feedback was it was previously too predictable which gave an advantage to the Axis, and as a result it could now (possibly) result in seeing Yugoslavia join the Allies prior to an Axis invasion if the Allies have said yes to the pro Allied coup.

It's still not a guarantee, but indeed there has been a slight amendment here.

Hubert

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: SCWAW, WW11 Yugoslavia and Commonwealth - 10/28/2020 9:42:35 AM   
BillRunacre

On looking into this further, it seems that while the timing of Yugoslavia joining the Allies is now variable, it is set to only join on an Allied turn. I've made a note to change that.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 4
RE: SCWAW, WW11 Yugoslavia and Commonwealth - 11/8/2020 5:32:50 PM   
havoc1371

Not having the ability to turn off the Allies first in Yugoslavia in a PBEM game gives an ahistorical advantage to the Allies in being able to upgrade Yugoslavian units, and ship in Allied forces, before the Axis player can react. This forces the Axis player to attack Yugoslavia before the coup to avoid a serious potential disruption of preparing for Barbarossa that is well beyond the historical one. While I agree with varying the coup actual execution, having it happen all at once at the end of the Axis turn, giving initiative to the Allies, is an unfair advantage to the Allies.

< Message edited by havoc1371 -- 11/8/2020 5:36:56 PM >

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> SCWAW, WW11 Yugoslavia and Commonwealth Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI