Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[WAD] Unable to change Speed/course

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [WAD] Unable to change Speed/course Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[WAD] Unable to change Speed/course - 10/23/2020 3:48:09 PM   
Gazorgan

I'm having numerous Submarine matches where at some point I'm unable to change speed/course/depth. I will upload a game save where I can't change depth and speed.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 10/25/2020 11:32:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to change Speed/course - 10/23/2020 5:11:24 PM   
Steve McClaire

Hi Gazorgan,

There are times when a unit may ignore your plotted course / speed / depth orders if the AI takes over to engage a target or evade a threat. When this happens you will see 'Engaged Offensive' or 'Engaged Defensive' in the right side panel. I think what you're seeing is the 'Engaged Defensive' case. If this is not what you're seeing, please provide step by step instructions for reproducing what you are seeing using the saved game.

If you want full, manual control of the unit you can change this behavior using the doctrine settings. These are in the right side panel (scroll down) or in a separate dialog (hit Ctrl+F9.) If 'Automatic Evasion' is set to 'No' the unit AI won't do anything when it detects a threat and will respond to your course/speed/depth orders.

As a side note, there is another setting for 'Ignore Plotted Course When Attacking' that is set to 'No' by default (meaning stay on your plotted course even when engaged offensive.) If you set this to 'Yes' a unit will decide its own course when attacking a target, even if you have ordered it to go a different direction with a plotted course.

(in reply to Gazorgan)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to change Speed/course - 10/24/2020 9:46:44 AM   
Dimitris

To the OP: Do you understand now why it is behaving this way?

(in reply to c3k)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to change Speed/course - 10/26/2020 7:20:19 PM   
Dimitris

Hello?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to change Speed/course - 10/29/2020 7:09:29 PM   
Gazorgan

After numerous discussions with other players, and some digging I've found several issues. Mainly the game is unplayable out of the box. The default behavour for the units pretty much doesn't work for any given scenerio. My buddy spends an hour or 2 undoing some settings some units will do what he wants (like not fire 2 weapons at a target, or setting muitple waypoints so you can flip a unit to plan B). I don't know what the solution is. You want a submarine to dodge torpedos. In my case it wasn't a defensive manuver. in fact the inability to make a change leads to quick death.

So I've written off the $80 for the game. After the next patch I may wander back to it, and make a cheat sheet for default behaviours. I really do understand emcon and other engagement rules, and this isn't a FPS sim. It's just gameplay wise it is a lot of work and not much fun. I need to look at some of the downloadable campaigns, that might be more helpful.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to change Speed/course - 10/29/2020 11:00:27 PM   
Rory Noonan

Thanks for the feedback, different horses for different courses.

For DLC I would recommend Northern Inferno, Shifting Sands or Desert Storm. These have a gentle start and become progressively more difficult. There's also a selection of tutorials which explain how to play the game.

(in reply to Gazorgan)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [WAD] Unable to change Speed/course Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI