Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ASAT tactics

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> ASAT tactics Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ASAT tactics - 10/19/2020 1:24:52 PM   
Eboreg

So... you've had numerous problems shooting down satellites in Command and no matter what you do, the satellite either never enters the DLZ or the ASAT missile goes in the wrong direction. Never fear, with the correct tactics you too can shoot down satellites like it's nothing. First thing you need to keep in mind is that in order to shoot down a satellite, you need to fire before it enters the missile's range. Simple enough right? Well... kind of. For most ASAT systems, all you need to do is allocate the ordnance to the target satellite well before you ever get a chance to fire but with the SM-3 Blk II, this isn't good enough as it will often fire in the exact opposite direction. To prevent that, you need to keep two numbers in mind: 100 and 2000. 100 is how many nautical miles you can be from the target's flight patch before you won't ever be able to shoot it without the missile going the wrong way and 2000 is how close in nautical miles the target has to be away from your ship before you can allocate the ordnance. If you can keep these two important numbers in mind (use "Define Area: Circle" if you have to) you will never miss an ASAT shot again with just a little bit of micromanaging.
Post #: 1
RE: ASAT tactics - 10/19/2020 3:17:43 PM   
SeaQueen

I've been able to strike satellites with SM-3 hands off but I have to be in EXACTLY the right spot. That's good, though. It means you and draw a 200 NM wide box underneath the target satellite's orbit and be able to hit it.

< Message edited by SeaQueen -- 10/19/2020 3:21:11 PM >

(in reply to Eboreg)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> ASAT tactics Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI