Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Air superiority campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> RE: Air superiority campaign Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Air superiority campaign - 10/22/2020 7:47:37 AM   
battlevonwar

Issue is with Russian Air is it's inexperienced and technologically inferior. The front is so massive as was historical that for the most part isolated locations can be hit. It's very good on narrow fronts but as the front widens it's going to eat too many resources for the Russians. The Germans don't really gain much from a superior air force in the East beyond some initial objectives. In my AAR vs Sveint I got hammered by Red Wings and then hammered again by Allied Wings on narrow fronts, head to learn to conserve and not fly missions as much.

Meanwhile the Western Allies field a massive air force and cause the fronts in Spain, Italy and France are narrow they can bring them to bare. Even more so in places like Italy or Med.

I wouldn't change anything with the Air at this point I think you would do more damage to balance that would take 3 or 4 more betas to fix. Although from the old days you could easily hammer down say an Armor Corp from strength 23 to strength 5-6 and then hit it with 3 or 4 attacks with such low effectiveness and kill in one turn. It's sort of nice to see that go but on the flip side. It's possible to some degree still over a wider area. (air should abstractly weaken the opponent over the front instead of focus out 1 place and destroy it which I think is more realistic)

I would like more AA on my units honestly...

< Message edited by battlevonwar -- 10/22/2020 7:50:19 AM >

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 31
RE: Air superiority campaign - 10/22/2020 10:12:31 AM   
sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: battlevonwar

I would like more AA on my units honestly...

I too want more on mine, and fewer AA guns in my opponent's units

I reckon that the air war is pretty much OK. I did bemoan the lack of home field advantage for fighters, but now I learn that it already exists. Vastly better than SC2 where every bomber pilot was a Rudel and a few bombing attacks would destroy whole tank armies without the need for ground attacks.

NB I haven't played SC for ages so I don't know if this is still the case.

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to battlevonwar)
Post #: 32
RE: Air superiority campaign - 10/22/2020 11:53:49 PM   
battlevonwar

OP Strategic Command Air Power goes back ages. It was always gamebreaking. I doubt things had changed much my set of games it was integral part of destroying either side.(Come how about a specialty AA instead of elite, ATG on your units I want a line of 15 Panzers with the AA unique skill pasted on them)

< Message edited by battlevonwar -- 10/22/2020 11:54:27 PM >

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> RE: Air superiority campaign Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI