Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 updated 10-20-20

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 updated 10-20-20 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 updated 10-20-20 - 10/16/2020 10:41:09 PM   
BeirutDude

This is a fairly short/simple scenario but one warning, if you get to the point were NKPA MRBMs fire the game slows Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down in the boost stage of the missile launch. Also it is a one time only scenario because once you find the TELs the Fog of War is gone for future plays (I might teleport them for more randomness or maybe a random number of arrivals with a percentage chance of arriving). So please don't give it away for other players. Each SSM unit represents a single TEL, not a Platoon/Battery.

Update below...

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 10/20/2020 8:21:46 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Post #: 1
RE: Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 - 10/18/2020 7:21:49 PM   
SunlitZelkova

Hi! I have not played your scenario, but I am curious if the performance drop is when anti-ballistic missiles start firing. I am currently making a nuclear war scenario between China and the US and I may be having a similar issue. Was yours updated to 1.02 when the slowing was revealed?

For those who think this should be in the tech support area, I know, but because this was apparently fixed in 1.02, I am trying to see if other people have it too before taking up the dev's time with something that is just a problem on my computer.

Formerly known as Project2035, TyeeBanzai, and FlyForLenin

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 2
RE: Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 - 10/18/2020 9:17:08 PM   
BeirutDude

That's it. When the MRBMs are in the boost phase and the Aegis ABMs launch the calculations must be huge.

The zip contains two (2) scenario files one with six (6) MRBMs launching on airbases and it runs pretty much on time/normal, and a second where I added "Aegis Ashore" to the ROK and during the Boost and Intercept launch phases it slows waaaaaaaaaay down. Now after the missiles are toward the peak of the parabolic course it speeds up again (as the Korean Missile Crisis. 2021 does a bit). I'll bet if I added satellites to my sandbox scenario it would almost halt like my PT scenario does.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 10/18/2020 9:20:17 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to SunlitZelkova)
Post #: 3
RE: Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 - 10/18/2020 9:27:33 PM   
AndrewJ

Is this an update of the earlier Command Live scenario "The Korean Missile Crisis", back from 2018 or so?

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 4
RE: Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 - 10/18/2020 11:18:31 PM   
SunlitZelkova

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeirutDude

That's it. When the MRBMs are in the boost phase and the Aegis ABMs launch the calculations must be huge.

The zip contains two (2) scenario files one with six (6) MRBMs launching on airbases and it runs pretty much on time/normal, and a second where I added "Aegis Ashore" to the ROK and during the Boost and Intercept launch phases it slows waaaaaaaaaay down. Now after the missiles are toward the peak of the parabolic course it speeds up again (as the Korean Missile Crisis. 2021 does a bit). I'll bet if I added satellites to my sandbox scenario it would almost halt like my PT scenario does.

Yeah, mine has at least 100 or so ICBMs and all 50 or so of the GMDs in Alaska are launched, so it becomes rather unplayable (1 in game second takes over a minute).

I am going to make a report in the tech support section, the title will be "ABM Engagements cause game to slow", so if you can please post those scenarios and any other evidence you might have in it, it might help them figure out how to fix it.

Formerly known as Project2035, TyeeBanzai, and FlyForLenin

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 5
RE: Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 - 10/20/2020 8:14:08 PM   
BeirutDude

quote:

Is this an update of the earlier Command Live scenario "The Korean Missile Crisis", back from 2018 or so?

No it's an original work.

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 10/20/2020 8:16:12 PM >

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 6
RE: Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 - 10/20/2020 8:15:34 PM   
BeirutDude

quote:

Yeah, mine has at least 100 or so ICBMs and all 50 or so of the GMDs in Alaska are launched, so it becomes rather unplayable (1 in game second takes over a minute).

I am going to make a report in the tech support section, the title will be "ABM Engagements cause game to slow", so if you can please post those scenarios and any other evidence you might have in it, it might help them figure out how to fix it.

Will do

(in reply to SunlitZelkova)
Post #: 7
RE: Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 - 10/20/2020 8:28:41 PM   
BeirutDude

Updated the scenario, based on my play testing...

1. Reintroduced some satellites (U.S. Commercial, UK and Japanese), thought they were slowing the scenario down but looks like it is the ABM missile launches with the MRBM launches (boost stage for both). That will be sent to Tech Support, see above.
2. Added 6 hours to the scenario to give the satellites more daylight to search for the MRBM TELs. 24 hours is probably too long for the scenario, but if you destroy all of the KN-11 Pukguksong-2 TELs and the NK SSB the scenario will end.
3. Moved USS Michigan to a better location.

New update below...

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 10/23/2020 11:14:32 PM >

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 8
RE: Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 - 10/23/2020 11:09:06 PM   
BeirutDude

Tweaked a lot of things and added teleporting of the KN-11 TELs to add replay value.

Nuke inbound

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 9
RE: Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 - 10/23/2020 11:10:03 PM   
BeirutDude

NuDet SW of Kadana AFB

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 10
RE: Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 - 10/23/2020 11:10:43 PM   
BeirutDude

Two More inbound

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 11
RE: Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 - 10/23/2020 11:11:46 PM   
BeirutDude

One malfunctioned, NuDet Naha JASDF Base...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 12
RE: Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 - 10/23/2020 11:13:41 PM   
BeirutDude

Updated file 10/23/2020

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 10/23/2020 11:27:10 PM >

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 updated 10-20-20 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI