Absolutely an AI cheat.
1. Division-sized landing prep will add amphib points at a rate of the port size per turn. In other words, if you have a TF and division in Oran (port size 6), it will add 6 amphib prep points per turn. Bone would add 4 per turn and Bizerte 3 per turn.
2. The earliest they could start prep would have been turn 2, assuming the Allied AI returned all six TFs to port that turn.
3. There are five division-sized landings in your turn 6 screenshot. To successfully launch an invasion, they would need 9 turns of Amphib prep if they're in a size 6 port, so turn 11 at the earliest. You only have three size-6 ports in the Med - Oran, Algiers, and Tunis, so two of the division-sized landing would have taken 13 turns of prep in your size 4 ports of Valletta and Bone, or turn 14.
4. You have 6 US divisions in the Med at the start of the game, 8 UK, 1 CA, and one FF Mtn division. Of those numbers, 3 US (1st, 3rd, and 45th), 3 UK (5th, 50th, and 51st), and the 1st CA division should have been used in the turn 1 invasion.
5. From your turn 6 screenshot it looks like the AI landed 4-5 US divisions, 1-4 UK divisions, and possibly the FF Mtn division. Almost certainly the turn 6 invasion used at least one US division that also was used in the turn 1 invasion, and possibly some of the UK divisions.
6. Can you check the names of those units and see if any of them a) were in the turn 1 invasions; and/or b) if any of them were opposing you in Sicily on turns 4 or 5?
Deng-unfortunately I deleted the game. Figured I'll stick to what I already have going and plan on playing a human so I don't have to deal with the AI cheats.
Not shown in the Aug 24th screenshot were the 2 British Airborne units that were completely wiped out on the turn of the invasion of Toranto.
I can try and recreated what happened and can turn off the fog of war. Basically as the Axis I pulled back all air units to the mainland on turn-1. Pulled back the HQs and air HQ off Sicily. Pulled back all of the German units and Italian mech units in a fast retreat across the Messina Straights to the mainland.
The Allieds gained full control of Sicily, pretty quickly. I think that may have triggered some sort of script in the game?
In any case I compared what the AI was able to do as the Allieds and what I could do playing as the Allieds and said to myself, that looks fishy.
< Message edited by sfbaytf -- 10/17/2020 10:22:37 PM >