Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

More Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> More Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More Questions - 10/15/2020 6:19:44 AM   
canuckgamer

Units have an attack, defense and rugged number. Does the rugged number have something to do with terrain?

I noticed that when units move adjacent to an enemy unit to attack they lose 3% efficiency. If they start adjacent, do they lose the percent before the attack is resolved? In other words, it must be more beneficial to attack any enemy land unit when you start adjacent.

When an air unit is alone in a hex and attacked by an enemy ground unit, what happens to the air unit? What if the air unit is in a hex with a ground unit but the ground unit is eliminated or forced to retreat?

In the rules about paratroopers it does not mention that they have to start on an airfield to drop but I thought I read on the forum somewhere that this was a requirement. Also since an air unit can base in a clear terrain hex, that hex must be classified as an airfield, correct?

Thanks in advance for any replies or comments.
Post #: 1
RE: More Questions - 10/15/2020 2:49:44 PM   
AlvaroSousa

#1 Rugged means any terrain not flat. Armor and mech have their tank values halved vs rugged terrains. Rugged terrains are forest, hills, mountains, urban.

#2 When you move you lose some effectiveness. Reason? vehicles get damaged constantly. In a corps of say 1000 motorized vehicles of all kinds some will break down on the way. Men will get sick, they will get tired. 3% is minimal. And yes there is a minor difference being next to an enemy but it isn't like SC3.

#3 A long air unit will be overrun and place on the deployment queue taking damage based on it's effectiveness. The lower the effectiveness the more strength is lost. If there is a land unit in the hex the land unit it must be attacked and moved out of the hex, then the hex occupied to shatter the air unit and send it to the queue.

#4 Grab the 1.00.081 rule set here.... https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4884245

#5 Thanks. When you get your Steam key please give WarPlan an honest review on steam.

Games worked on

Designer of the Strategic Command 2 products
- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

Designer of the Strategic Command 3 products
- Map Image Importer

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> More Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI