Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Europe vs. World at War

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Europe vs. World at War Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Europe vs. World at War - 10/5/2020 7:29:29 PM   
dwesolick

I have the world at war version of SC and enjoyed it quite a bit. Just wondering if it is worth it to buy the Europe only version?
What are the differences? I'm assuming the Europe map is a good deal larger than in World at War. Any advice would be appreciated!

"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur
Post #: 1
RE: Europe vs. World at War - 10/5/2020 7:48:11 PM   
DeriKuk

W@W is a lot more fun... but you have to play the Allies, because the Allied AI is a true box of rocks.

WiE has far better AI for both sides, but the limited scope can make it repetitious after a few games.

(in reply to dwesolick)
Post #: 2
RE: Europe vs. World at War - 10/5/2020 8:43:48 PM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: dwesolick

I have the world at war version of SC and enjoyed it quite a bit. Just wondering if it is worth it to buy the Europe only version?
What are the differences? I'm assuming the Europe map is a good deal larger than in World at War. Any advice would be appreciated!

Yes, Europe has a larger-scale map (similar hex count for less area) and more units representing the same armies.

War in Europe feels like more of a strategic/operational level game rather than a fully strategic one, though what are in gameplay terms the tactical options are identical in each units etc work the same, each unit just represents a greater concentration of force).

(in reply to dwesolick)
Post #: 3
RE: Europe vs. World at War - 10/6/2020 8:02:33 AM   
Hairog

If you want ground and tactical air operations WiE has it in spades due to Barbrosa. WOW has always been a Naval fight for me so I prefer both.

You will get a very different perspective fighting with hundreds of divisions, blitzkrieg, deep battle, strategic bombing, a lot more strategic decisions that could all win or lose the war, and research becomes a priority.

WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 4
RE: Europe vs. World at War - 10/6/2020 7:25:21 PM   
Rannug61

WiE has much more work behind it so it is a more mature game. Both are great games but if you like the combo of strategty and tactics I'll say WiE is a must have.

"En svensk tiger"

(in reply to Hairog)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Europe vs. World at War Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI