Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Port strike ignores CV search bonus (3.2.0)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Port strike ignores CV search bonus (3.2.0) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Port strike ignores CV search bonus (3.2.0) - 10/5/2020 4:14:41 PM   
Orm

Looks to me like the surprise points are borked (bugged). Allies roll 6, and Axis 5. So The Allied search number is 5+5=10, while the Japanese should be 2+1+6=9, and give the Allied side 1 surprise point. Yet the program gives the Allied side 2 surprise points. Seems to me that the program ignores the bonus for the Japanese CV (The CVP has a range of 4 so a +1 bonus applies).

Attachment (1)

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Post #: 1
RE: Port strike ignores CV search bonus (3.2.0) - 10/5/2020 4:17:23 PM   
Orm

Here is the auto save.

Attachment (1)

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2
RE: Port strike ignores CV search bonus (3.2.0) - 10/5/2020 6:41:08 PM   
paulderynck

Very contentious rules issue here. Some say the search number of the originating sea box applies; others that the CVP has to go on the mission as at least a fighter (if no A2S factor and even if no defending FTRs) or as a bomber, to be eligible to get its search bonus. Over the years it seems to have been ruled both ways. The RAW7 FAQ Q11.2-1 is itself unclear. This revolves around the wording "the highest sea-box
section containing a unit you have included in the combat". Does that mean the sea box the port strikers came from or does it mean of the units flying the port strike mission (i.e. the port strike combat)?

It would be interesting to see what MWiF does if the JP send their 4-range CVP to make the port strike.

Paul

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3
RE: Port strike ignores CV search bonus (3.2.0) - 10/5/2020 6:57:57 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

It would be interesting to see what MWiF does if the JP send their 4-range CVP to make the port strike.

Seems like MWIF then includes the CV search bonus in the surprise calculations.

So it is down to a "very contentious rules issue here".

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Port strike ignores CV search bonus (3.2.0) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI