Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Guess the Supply level of the Italian Tanks in Tobruk

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> RE: Guess the Supply level of the Italian Tanks in Tobruk Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Guess the Supply level of the Italian Tanks in Tobruk - 11/17/2020 3:28:52 PM   
LoneRunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

For now, my explanation is the correct one, e.g. distribution supply calculation remains unchanged, however if after distribution supply is calculated, if the value is less than the current logistics value, then the logistics value is applied as the distribution supply value.

Essentially this just means the distribution supply value cannot be less than the current logistics value.

Hope this makes sense,
Hubert

Thank you Hubert. I think I got it now.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 61
RE: Guess the Supply level of the Italian Tanks in Tobruk - 11/17/2020 3:43:05 PM   
pjg100

quote:

ORIGINAL: EarlyDoors

quote:

An HQ can be boosted by another HQ (of the same or higher rank) if the supply of the source HQ minus the distance is greater than 0

Wait - what? An HQ can only be boosted by another HQ "of the same or higher rank"? Is this correct? And, if correct, what does "rank" refer to? The HQ's rating?

(in reply to EarlyDoors)
Post #: 62
RE: Guess the Supply level of the Italian Tanks in Tobruk - 11/17/2020 4:08:00 PM   
EarlyDoors

i'm trying to word it so that

...we can understand which hq will boost which hq

i think the more experienced one boosts the lesser experienced one

(in reply to pjg100)
Post #: 63
RE: Guess the Supply level of the Italian Tanks in Tobruk - 11/17/2020 6:37:11 PM   
LoneRunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: pjg100

quote:

ORIGINAL: EarlyDoors

quote:

An HQ can be boosted by another HQ (of the same or higher rank) if the supply of the source HQ minus the distance is greater than 0

Wait - what? An HQ can only be boosted by another HQ "of the same or higher rank"? Is this correct? And, if correct, what does "rank" refer to? The HQ's rating?

Here's a quote from a September 2020 thread that might help:

HQ linking/boosting is automatic but the engine tries to do it as intelligently as possible. For example:

- Source HQs of a supply boost to another HQ are now highlighted with a yellow hex outline, indicating they are the source of the supply boost, when clicking on the recipient HQ.
- The engine will seek to make lower rated HQs provide supply for higher rated ones, rather than vice versa.
- HQs can only be linked if the first HQ has a supply value >= 1
--> the HQ to be linked must have a supply value < 5 and is now automatically boosted to a supply value of 5 which caps its distribution supply at 8.
--> this will improve distribution supply for boosted HQs that were at 3 or 4 supply (from 6 to 8), and more importantly, will allow them to 'operate' and 'upgrade' now that they are at 5 supply.

The boost range is dependent on the distribution supply of the source HQ. For example, if it has a distribution supply of 8, then the linked HQ needs to be within 8 hexes etc.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

At the time I thought "Lower Rated" referred to the HQ's command rating.

(in reply to pjg100)
Post #: 64
RE: Guess the Supply level of the Italian Tanks in Tobruk - 11/17/2020 6:46:34 PM   
EarlyDoors

Sorry, my bad, I thought it was the other way around but it appears to be lower rating is the supply source

(in reply to LoneRunner)
Post #: 65
RE: Guess the Supply level of the Italian Tanks in Tobruk - 11/17/2020 7:36:31 PM   
pjg100

[/quote]

[/quote]

Here's a quote from a September 2020 thread that might help:

HQ linking/boosting is automatic but the engine tries to do it as intelligently as possible. For example:

- Source HQs of a supply boost to another HQ are now highlighted with a yellow hex outline, indicating they are the source of the supply boost, when clicking on the recipient HQ.
- The engine will seek to make lower rated HQs provide supply for higher rated ones, rather than vice versa.
- HQs can only be linked if the first HQ has a supply value >= 1
--> the HQ to be linked must have a supply value < 5 and is now automatically boosted to a supply value of 5 which caps its distribution supply at 8.
--> this will improve distribution supply for boosted HQs that were at 3 or 4 supply (from 6 to 8), and more importantly, will allow them to 'operate' and 'upgrade' now that they are at 5 supply.

The boost range is dependent on the distribution supply of the source HQ. For example, if it has a distribution supply of 8, then the linked HQ needs to be within 8 hexes etc.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

At the time I thought "Lower Rated" referred to the HQ's command rating.
[/quote]

Thanks LR, that's helpful. I would certainly benefit from more clarity as to what the "rating" refers to here.

(in reply to LoneRunner)
Post #: 66
RE: Guess the Supply level of the Italian Tanks in Tobruk - 11/18/2020 2:03:17 PM   
Hubert Cater

Rating refers to the actual rating assigned to the HQ, e.g. some are rated an 8, others a 7 or 6, most French are rated as 4s etc.

If you mouse hover over an HQ it indicates the rating in the unit information box in the lower middle interface panel in game.

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 11/18/2020 2:04:59 PM >

(in reply to pjg100)
Post #: 67
RE: Guess the Supply level of the Italian Tanks in Tobruk - 11/18/2020 3:26:18 PM   
pjg100

Thanks Hubert, that's helpful to know.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 68
RE: Guess the Supply level of the Italian Tanks in Tobruk - 11/18/2020 6:18:52 PM   
Hubert Cater

My pleasure

(in reply to pjg100)
Post #: 69
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> RE: Guess the Supply level of the Italian Tanks in Tobruk Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI