Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED] Missiles out of DLZ

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Missiles out of DLZ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED] Missiles out of DLZ - 10/3/2020 2:38:14 PM   
AndrewJ

Hello,

Here's a situation [B1147.11] where a Hellfire engagement is considered 'Out of DLZ'.

The Hellfire is well within range, the target is within the forward arc of the helicopter, the target is within LOS and visually detected by the helicopter, and the helicopter is within launch altitude parameters. The Hellfire should be able to engage under these conditions.

As the helicopter gets closer, you get the same problem with the APKWS when it is in range.

Save attached.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 10/5/2020 1:21:53 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: [B1147.11] Missiles out of DLZ - 10/4/2020 1:40:20 PM   
DWReese

This issue is REALLY annoying. The aircraft are often reported as being "out of the DLZ" or "out of the boresight."

What happens is that the planes are coming in within the appropriate range and altitude of the target. You (game player) get the idea that your attack will work perfectly. Then you get this message.

Even though the plane meets the range and altitude requirements, it is too close or too high in altitude to fire at the target. So, major new calculations have to be made in order to be able to fire. Often, while trying to get into position, you get shot down.

This is how is probably is in real life with the angle of the attack being important, but the listed ranges and altitudes throw you off. The data indicating that a bomb can be dropped from 30k feet is very misleading if you are within 4 miles of the target, and within the proper altitude, only to be thwarted by the angle.

I believe that you should either address this in the text (boresight, DLZ) or change the range because unless the aircraft is doing a nose dive from 30k feet directly over the target, then there is no way that it could actually launch from that listed altitude.

I don't know if this is something new, but it is a major concern that game players will likely begin to notice.

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 2
RE: [B1147.11] Missiles out of DLZ - 10/4/2020 1:40:39 PM   
DWReese

This issue is REALLY annoying. The aircraft are often reported as being "out of the DLZ" or "out of the boresight."

What happens is that the planes are coming in within the appropriate range and altitude of the target. You (game player) get the idea that your attack will work perfectly. Then you get this message.

Even though the plane meets the range and altitude requirements, it is too close or too high in altitude to fire at the target. So, major new calculations have to be made in order to be able to fire. Often, while trying to get into position, you get shot down.

This is how is probably is in real life with the angle of the attack being important, but the listed ranges and altitudes throw you off. The data indicating that a bomb can be dropped from 30k feet is very misleading if you are within 4 miles of the target, and within the proper altitude, only to be thwarted by the angle.

I believe that you should either address this in the text (boresight, DLZ) or change the range because unless the aircraft is doing a nose dive from 30k feet directly over the target, then there is no way that it could actually launch from that listed altitude.

I don't know if this is something new, but it is a major concern that game players will likely begin to notice.

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 3
RE: [B1147.11] Missiles out of DLZ - 10/4/2020 2:10:48 PM   
BDukes

HI guys

This may be same issue but reported and looks like they fix in next version.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4890142

Thank!

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 4
RE: [B1147.11] Missiles out of DLZ - 10/4/2020 2:18:33 PM   
DWReese

I don't know about missiles, but I know that it exists with guided bombs (which, I guess, are really the same thing).

This is a significant problem as it will destroy any attack. Hopefully, the "fix" will correct things for all types of weapons with this issue.

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 5
RE: [B1147.11] Missiles out of DLZ - 10/4/2020 2:30:31 PM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: DWReese

I don't know about missiles, but I know that it exists with guided bombs (which, I guess, are really the same thing).

This is a significant problem as it will destroy any attack. Hopefully, the "fix" will correct things for all types of weapons with this issue.

It is but they'll fix it. They always do. I am excited to see what new programmer Steve does for this game.

Bill

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 6
RE: [B1147.11] Missiles out of DLZ - 10/4/2020 2:44:21 PM   
DWReese

Steve?

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 7
RE: [B1147.11] Missiles out of DLZ - 10/4/2020 2:49:03 PM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: DWReese

Steve?

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showProfile.asp?memid=27124

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 8
RE: [B1147.11] Missiles out of DLZ - 10/4/2020 4:15:18 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndrewJ

Hello,

Here's a situation [B1147.11] where a Hellfire engagement is considered 'Out of DLZ'.

[....]

The Hellfire is well within range, the target is within the forward arc of the helicopter, the target is within LOS and visually detected by the helicopter, and the helicopter is within launch altitude parameters. The Hellfire should be able to engage under these conditions.

As the helicopter gets closer, you get the same problem with the APKWS when it is in range.

Save attached.

Thanks!

I tested this save in the upcoming B1147.12 update and can confirm that the problem has been fixed.

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Missiles out of DLZ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI