Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SHQ Infantry Bar - Popup info => include requested

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> SHQ Infantry Bar - Popup info => include requested Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SHQ Infantry Bar - Popup info => include requested - 10/3/2020 2:00:49 AM   
mroyer

For the left-hand SHQ inventory bar, I would find it very useful if the popup info listed, in addition to amount sent, the amount requested.

See the figure below for example; left image is how it appears now, right is how I'm recommending.

(Unless, of course, this info is available elsewhere that I haven't discovered yet.)

Thanks for a great game,
-Mark R.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by mroyer -- 10/3/2020 2:03:12 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: SHQ Infantry Bar - Popup info => include requested - 10/3/2020 10:52:57 AM   
mroyer

Well, life teaches the quickest way to find something is to ask for help.
I've been searching for this info for months. I finally decided it didn't exist and posted above about it. And, voila, within hours I find it...

Anyhow, cumulative requests per SHQ by resource type is available under Stats -> Logistics; exactly what I'd been looking for to aid in resource planning and management, something I've been woefully poor at so far.

Nevertheless, I still recommend adding the info per the opening post as it is a sensible spot for it and provides easier access for players.

-Mark R.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 2
RE: SHQ Infantry Bar - Popup info => include requested - 10/3/2020 9:10:46 PM   
mroyer

Every time I think I've got something figured out, the game proves me wrong - I haven't figured out anything. Not sometimes, not most time, EVERY TIME. Getting very frustrating!

I can't figure out how to figure any part of this game out.

As always, nothing adds up the way I expected it would or should.

For example...
Here's my current turn - I'm in the middle of a food crisis and I can't figure out how to get the information I need to fix it. I have plenty of logistics and agricultural production capacity, so I'm pretty sure it's mainly due to worker shortages. While I attempt to bolster the work-force, I want to buy food on the open market. But, for the life of me, I can't figure out how much I need to buy.

In the following figure...

I expected the logistical stats cumulative totals for 1st SHQ to equal the sum of the subordinate HQ totals. They're not even close. The SHQ shows 1569/1904. But if I add the sub HQ values up I get 459/1388!!??!! How should I interpret that?

Moreover, I expected the "Sent to units: 642" on the left resource bar for 1st SHQ to match the totals received by its units. Again, no matter how I add up the numbers I can't get a match. I'm totally flummoxed.

As awesome and fun as this game is, it's accountants would fail a CPA exam miserably.

Anyhow - enough ranting.... anyone have any idea what's going on and how to interpret the numbers?

Thanks for any thoughts,
-Mark R.

<edit: using 1.05b5>

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by mroyer -- 10/4/2020 2:16:06 AM >

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 3
RE: SHQ Infantry Bar - Popup info => include requested - 10/4/2020 1:48:30 AM   
mbaratta83

If you're playing beta 6, maybe your difficulty is due to the problem reported in the thread titled "[1.05b6]SHQ totals in stats->unit supply wrong" in the Tech Support section of the forum? (I'd give you the direct link, but I'm not allowed to embed links in my posts yet.)

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 4
RE: SHQ Infantry Bar - Popup info => include requested - 10/4/2020 2:14:44 AM   
mroyer

I'm using 1.05b5, but.... I'll bet you're spot on. It may have been an issue in earlier betas too - seems like a very similar case.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4888381

Thanks for pointing that out!
-Mark R.

< Message edited by mroyer -- 10/4/2020 2:15:05 AM >

(in reply to mbaratta83)
Post #: 5
RE: SHQ Infantry Bar - Popup info => include requested - 10/5/2020 3:36:47 PM   
DTurtle

I noticed that bug a long, long time ago, but didn't get around to reporting it until then. Sorry ;)

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> SHQ Infantry Bar - Popup info => include requested Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI