Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battle for Moscow - free online game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Battle for Moscow - free online game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battle for Moscow - free online game - 10/1/2020 12:39:59 PM   
Neilster

For anyone who missed this in the General Discussion forum, this is a cool, free, online game about Operation Typhoon (the German drive on Moscow in 1941).

It's a port of the classic 1986 game designed to teach wargaming and to be fun and relatively quick to play. At the moment you can only play the Germans against the AI but the developer is planning net play and a German AI, as well as other games concerning Operation Barbarossa, depending on demand.

It's at about half WiF scale, so if you have a hankering for some 1941 Eastern Front action against a Soviet AI, give it a go. It generally follows wargaming conventions and the easiest way to learn it is just to fire up a game against the AI and follow the onscreen prompts. There's no takeback function, so be careful about your moves but it's a beer and pretzels game anyway that can be played in less than an hour once you get confident with its mechanics. It has an autosave function, so you can come back to a game anytime (even if the tab was closed) and it remembers the position.

The AI is quite strong and I haven't been able to win a game yet, although I've gone close.

https://oberlabs.com/b4m/#

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Neilster -- 10/1/2020 10:36:19 PM >

Cheers, Neilster
Post #: 1
RE: Battle for Moscow - free online game - 10/6/2020 10:02:05 PM   
Joseignacio

Thanks, nice.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 2
RE: Battle for Moscow - free online game - 10/6/2020 11:30:57 PM   
Neilster

Well done. It's not an easy game to win for the Germans. I've worked out the CRT favours attacking.

In wargaming, I normally avoid attacks at odds of less than 3:1 but in this game I think you have to or you'll never take Moscow. It's a bit of a meat grinder after the initial couple of turns.

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 3
RE: Battle for Moscow - free online game - 10/7/2020 1:04:52 AM   
Joseignacio

Thanks. Yes, the CRT helps attacker, however the land helps the defender, with lots of rivers in the difficult area, plus fortresses and woods, besides of the 7 turns you almost cannot move 2 of them and you get 1 replacement for their 5 per turn.

Wouldn't say attackers are the strong side, but wont complain anyway because when you switch sides it usually looks the other way round. :D Of course by now you cant, so...

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 10/7/2020 1:05:53 AM >

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Battle for Moscow - free online game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI