Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Terrain and Resource Defence Bonuses and Defence Values

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Terrain and Resource Defence Bonuses and Defence Values Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Terrain and Resource Defence Bonuses and Defence Values - 9/27/2020 7:44:34 PM   
mdsmall

For a while I have been puzzling over the very brief section in the rules that explains the defence benefits of terrain hexes and resource hexes. Is the defence bonus determined by the type of unit occupying a hex, or the type of unit attacking the hex? I think it is the latter - thus a Corps in a forest hex receives a defence bonus of 1 if it attacked by another Hard unit type, but a bonus of 2 if attacked by a Tank. Is this correct?

Also, my reading of the Defence Values of resource hexes (towns and ports) is that they must refer to a defence value for the resource itself, if attacked by bombers or naval bombardment. Is that correct? Grateful for confirmation/correction by more experienced players.
Post #: 1
RE: Terrain and Resource Defence Bonuses and Defence Va... - 9/28/2020 9:04:28 AM   
BillRunacre

You are right on both counts.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Terrain and Resource Defence Bonuses and Defence Values Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI