Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Upgrading air units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Upgrading air units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgrading air units - 9/20/2020 1:54:26 PM   
LGKMAS

Could some kind soul take pity on an old man and point me to the place in the manual that allows you to change the upgrade path of air units? Alternatively, if the manual does not specifically address the matter, could I have some threads that discuss the matter?
I have some units that seem to say they will upgrade to what I consider an inferior aircraft. And some members here have suggested Stateside 4th AF units should be downgraded in aircraft to allow the more advanced airframes to go to front line units.
I have been unable to discover how to do this. I think PP are required as every time I click on the upgrade yellow text of the air unit, there is a text message saying so many PP are available but I have not found out how to use them yo change upgrade paths.
Post #: 1
RE: Upgrading air units - 9/20/2020 3:07:12 PM   
Alfred

So many factors at play, none narrowed down by the data provided to date.

Page 148 of the manual provides some basic information on aircraft upgrades.

Many forum threads on the subject. This one might be the closest to your problem.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4449004&mpage=1&key=upgrade�.

Provision of screenshots will be the quickest way to understand your actual problem.

Alfred

(in reply to LGKMAS)
Post #: 2
RE: Upgrading air units - 9/20/2020 11:54:27 PM   
LGKMAS

Thanks Alfred
I looked at my settings and discovered that from the start I have had PDU Off. That would explain why I now cannot change the upgrade path.
I suppose, 200 odd turns ago, and in my first game, I decided to keep things simple while I learnt a bit more about how things worked. I might have to look more closely when I have time at what else I switched on or off to supposedly make it easy to learn.
Ah well, live and learn

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
RE: Upgrading air units - 9/23/2020 1:43:39 PM   
Alfred

Further to my previous post, s.16.2.3 of the manual deals in more detail with aircraft upgrades than does page 148.

Alfred

(in reply to LGKMAS)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Upgrading air units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI