From: Alabama, USA
Not to be nit picky. But I was the one who originally created the scenario many years ago. Teams have come along and have done a marvelous job improving upon it.
A little team of myself, Secadegas and sPzAbt653 has come together to update and enhance Mark Stevens' (aka Odenathus on some forums) epic scenario: "Europe Aflame".
The original scenario was designed by Mark Stevens & Ulver Nielsen with help from Trey Marshall. It covers WW2 in Europe and North Africa from 1939 to 1945. It was upgraded to some extent for TOAW3, but never brought fully into the TOAW4 era - so that will be what this project is about. Mark himself put a huge number of hours into supporting this scenario, including maintaining a dedicated forum back in the day. It had a quite large and dedicated following, and Mark's very sad passing earlier this year prompted us to update this.
The idea is that the update will consist of 4 parts:
1. Updating EA for the TOAW4's new features, including:
- the new naval rules and sea interdiction (which also affects the role of EA's extensive coastal fortifications of course)
- the new turn sequence
- TOAW4's approach to tactical turn management
2. Having a look at the events, which were limited by CoW's 500 event limit and might be able to be improved on.
3. Updating the player briefing
4. Potentially introducing a limited AI to the scenario to allow single player.
All comments and thoughts welcomed.
"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"
WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer