Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Construction Overview to sum up metal and IP requirements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Construction Overview to sum up metal and IP requirements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Construction Overview to sum up metal and IP requirements - 9/20/2020 3:05:53 AM   
Philo32b

Please consider adding a row in the Construction Overview table to sum up the resources needed for all the projects that turn.

Every turn I write down the total metal and IP delivered from zones. Then I check the Construction Overview and click through each of the new asset construction projects, figuring out the resources needed and subtracting the metal and IP (and machine and high-tech) requirements from what was delivered from zones that turn. If there is a surplus left over I might start a new construction project or perhaps save it for creating new tanks or whatever.

I have pages and pages of these little lists of calculations. It gets tiring. It would be extremely helpful if the Construction Overview just totaled up the resources requirements for that turn. It is one of the things in the game that slowly drains my enthusiasm for it.
Post #: 1
RE: Construction Overview to sum up metal and IP requir... - 9/20/2020 11:49:13 AM   
Soar_Slitherine

Agreed. I've been doing that as well but so far I've dealt with relatively small empires. With bigger ones, I imagine it would grow into a bit of a headache.

(in reply to Philo32b)
Post #: 2
RE: Construction Overview to sum up metal and IP requir... - 9/20/2020 12:42:55 PM   
DTurtle

Look under Management -> Asset -> Preview (& expand).

It shows you how much every zone produces, consumes, gets from the SHQ and sends to the SHQ. If you are missing something, it is shaded in yellow or red. If you hover over it, it tells you how much is needed and how much available.

You can even click on the various resources, and it will filter the assets to those requiring that resource. In the bottom left are additional filters for only showing assets producing various stuff.

(in reply to Philo32b)
Post #: 3
RE: Construction Overview to sum up metal and IP requir... - 9/20/2020 7:49:46 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

Thanks, that's a really useful tip. I hadn't used that screen much up to this point, but looks like that's changing going forward.

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Construction Overview to sum up metal and IP requirements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI