Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Fixed] Strike aircraft not climbing to min bomb altitude

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Fixed] Strike aircraft not climbing to min bomb altitude Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Fixed] Strike aircraft not climbing to min bomb altitude - 9/15/2020 11:32:07 PM   
AndrewJ

Hello,

Here’s a situation [B1147.7, B1147.10] where aircraft on a strike mission won’t climb to the altitude they need to release their bombs.

The MiG-23s are flying in low to drop bombs on an airfield. As they near their target, some of them are shot at by a SAM and evade even lower. The rest of the strike arrives at its IP, climbs to bombing altitude, and releases its bombs. The aircraft which evaded low never climbs back to bombing altitude, and orbits the target continuously without releasing its weapons, until it RTBs for fuel, or is shot down by target defences.

If there are a reasonable number of SAMs present it is possible to “stun” an entire strike this way, and leave them orbiting continuously within range of target defences. Preferred behaviour would be for the aircraft to either re-engage from the proper altitude, or RTB immediately if they are not going to attack.

Test scenario (based on Gunner 98’s Caribbean Fury #3 scenario) attached.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Steve McClaire -- 9/22/2020 12:09:16 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: [Logged] Strike aircraft not climbing to min bomb a... - 9/16/2020 3:23:21 AM   
Rory Noonan

Logged for investigation.

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 2
RE: [Logged] Strike aircraft not climbing to min bomb a... - 9/22/2020 12:09:00 AM   
Steve McClaire

This will be fixed in the next update.

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Fixed] Strike aircraft not climbing to min bomb altitude Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI