Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/14/2020 11:06:19 PM   
BeirutDude

OK, either I'm doing something very wrong (operator error) or there are major issues with the loading of combat cargo on ships (I'm betting the former! ). Trying to create some modern amphibious scenarios and a USN Essex Class LHD can only load 10 Mass tons! Really? I want my tax dollars back. And this is across the board with ALL amphibious classes! The weight of the cargo and the carry capacity don't seem to make sense. So OK I built Med Amphibious Ready Group 1-83 a unit I am intimately familiar with and know the cargo load out by heart (it is the MARG I went to Beirut with). Guys I know we had more than 1 AAV-7 and 2 M-198s but that is ALL I can load on the ARG's vessels. The weight of one of our M-60 Tanks exceeds the entire ARG;s carry capacity in the game!

Now am I doing something wrong? Is there something I am missing. What am I doing wrong here?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 9/14/2020 11:08:18 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Post #: 1
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/15/2020 12:35:47 AM   
BeirutDude

I'm not crazy!!!!!! Well maybe I am but there is an issue. After much hunting found this...

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4849182&mpage=1&key=�

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 2
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/15/2020 1:51:23 AM   
Rory Noonan

This was fixed in a beta build shortly after it was reported, the current beta incorporates that fix.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 3
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/15/2020 10:59:01 AM   
BeirutDude

Great! Unfortunately, my computer will not let me load from 7-Zip, I don't understand why. I'll just wait to work on these scenarios until it is official.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 4
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/15/2020 5:09:25 PM   
Gunner98

Ref the 7-Zip problem. Have you tried right clicking on the file in you download folder and choosing extract to..

Might help, might not - but I can confirm that the cargo issue is fixed.

B

Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 5
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/15/2020 5:16:31 PM   
BeirutDude

Gunner, yeah thanks for the help, but I did try that. Its some bizarre permissions problem my computer has with 7-Zip that we can't figure out but it won't overwrite any files out of it. Appreciate it!

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 6
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/15/2020 5:20:56 PM   
guanotwozero

Can you use 7-zip to write to a different folder? If so you can then cut/paste with overwrite as necessary. Typical problems come from trying to write to anything under the "program files" directory - a UAC issue.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 7
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/15/2020 5:33:02 PM   
BeirutDude

No I've tried that multiple times, and just tried it again to be sure. It just won't write certain 7-Zip files to my drive but it has no problem with an official update. Now I do have to download an official update, it won't auto update for me. I even tried disabling my anti-virus, no joy.

(in reply to guanotwozero)
Post #: 8
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/15/2020 5:40:25 PM   
BeirutDude

This is the result I get, even unpacking into a unique folder.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 9
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/15/2020 7:28:19 PM   
BDukes

Maybe try run 7-Zip as administrator. Find 7 zip in programs, right-click executables, select more (Window 10) and then run as administrator.

Hope help.

Bill

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 10
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/15/2020 7:41:20 PM   
guanotwozero

And if that works, you can make it always do so by finding the 7-zip executable, then right-click->Properties->Compatibility, select "Run this program as an administrator", then OK it.

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 11
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/15/2020 8:30:02 PM   
BeirutDude

Tried all of that, also uninstalled 7-ZIP and reloaded it (further screwing up my 7-Zip I might add). Now it doesn't have 7-Zip associations when you right click!

Post #: 12
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/16/2020 12:14:17 AM   
guanotwozero

Dang! Next thing I'd do is to uninstall, delete its dir under ProgramFiles, reboot, reinstall. Hopefully that should get back the context menu. Then I'd plug in a USB drive and see if its possible to unzip a file there. If that fails, I'd start looking on the 7-zip forums for a solution - there might be a known issue with the latest version.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 13
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/16/2020 12:21:35 AM   
thewood1

I think you have a serious problem on your PC. There is no reason 7-zip or WinRAR should fail like that. I would get some professional help for it. Not just so you can do something with CMO, but because there seems to be a serious underlying problem.

Post #: 14
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/16/2020 12:23:43 AM   
BeirutDude

It is a known 7-Zip issue but there doesn't seem to be a consistent answer.

Post #: 15
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/16/2020 12:37:47 AM   
guanotwozero

There are older versions on the download page - it's probably worth trying one of them, e.g. the 2016 version.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 16
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/16/2020 12:56:36 AM   
thewood1

I have used 7-zip and WinRAR on over 20 PCs over the last 10 years and have never seen an issue like that in particular. I think you should get it checked out.

Post #: 17
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/16/2020 6:30:22 AM   
michaelm75au

I would have unzipped the files into folder in c:\temp or something away from c:\Program Files. And then copied into the appropriate folders.

I have run into a few issues with Window updates recently which seem to be 'protecting' my folders from me. When I check the folder properties, it tells me the folder is 'read-only'!! Do I un-click the property and apply it to the folder. Now it is writable again.
[It happened to my C:\temp the first time and took me awhile to figure out what was wrong. Now I just check the folder permission if I can't write to it]

Michael

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 18
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/16/2020 6:48:08 PM   
guanotwozero

I've just installed the latest 7-7ip (19.00), after uninstalling an older version and a couple of reboots. My Windows 10 is up to date, and I'm in as administrator.

I cannot unzip into a folder under 'Program Files (x32 or x64)'*
I can unzip into any other directory.
I can unzip into any Steam library dir, such as for CMO, which is several layers under 'Program Files (x86)'. *The permissions for the Steam dir seem to be an exception.

If you're unable to unzip anywhere, then it does look like there's a problem with your Windows setup. Could it be that your User account doesn't have full admin privileges?

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 19
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/16/2020 7:34:16 PM   
BrianinMinnie

Yea depending on your setups and permissions, Windows likes to lock down some directories to prevent fatfinger mass destruction!!!

Post #: 20
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/17/2020 6:16:17 AM   
GakunGak

https://peazip.github.io/
Try extracting with this, supports many compression archive formats, free and open source.

(in reply to BrianinMinnie)
Post #: 21
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/18/2020 11:16:19 PM   
BeirutDude

quote:

I would have unzipped the files into folder in c:\temp or something away from c:\Program Files. And then copied into the appropriate folders.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 22
RE: Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? - 9/18/2020 11:38:04 PM   
BeirutDude

And the cargo functions look good!!!!!! Time to design some island hopping Scenarios!

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Loading Combat Cargo, Something is wrong here? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI