Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Defending against D-Day

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Defending against D-Day Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Defending against D-Day - 9/13/2020 11:00:14 PM   
mdsmall

I would be interested in hearing advice from experienced players on how the Axis should prepare their defences in advance of an Allied amphibious invasion of north-west Europe (i.e. D-Day). This is assuming that the Axis have not invested in Operation Sea Lion and thus the Allies can stage air attacks and amphibious landings from Great Britain. Is it worth buying the coastal guns under the Decision Event? Does it make sense to spend MPPs to upgrade the AA capacity of key ports and towns in France? What kind of force to you station in France or the Low Countries to counter-attack against an invasion, given that there seems to be limitless demands on German forces in the Eastern Front?
Post #: 1
RE: Defending against D-Day - 9/14/2020 3:19:11 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: mdsmall

I would be interested in hearing advice from experienced players on how the Axis should prepare their defences in advance of an Allied amphibious invasion of north-west Europe (i.e. D-Day). This is assuming that the Axis have not invested in Operation Sea Lion and thus the Allies can stage air attacks and amphibious landings from Great Britain. Is it worth buying the coastal guns under the Decision Event? Does it make sense to spend MPPs to upgrade the AA capacity of key ports and towns in France? What kind of force to you station in France or the Low Countries to counter-attack against an invasion, given that there seems to be limitless demands on German forces in the Eastern Front?

The guns are worth it. Upgrade them immediately. Yes upgrade the AA. You need a corps in every town and port along France and Germany up to Denmark. If Spain becomes your ally you are even more exposed. Yes this is all difficult to achieve while dealing with things in Russia and North Africa. I supplement the Germans with Italians. Have at least one tank reserve to deal with breaks in the Atlantic Wall.

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 9/14/2020 3:23:00 AM >

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 2
RE: Defending against D-Day - 9/14/2020 3:19:02 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Tanaka offers some sage advice.

Additionally, the best way to put off D-day is to keep SU mobilization <25 (35 with Lithuania) and put a large Axis force in NA pushing the Brits back to Iraq. The retreat will be expensive for the Brits who also have to worry about upgrading the Navy to protect the GB => SU convoy later. The US will also need to reinforce in Iraq. GB & US spending here will slow the ability for D-day.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Defending against D-Day Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI