I just saw a news report that said in California the majority of fires were set by a group of people on PURPOSE. Just saw the head line didnt't read the article.
Please use your brain. It's 2020 and so little of what you "read" is 100% true. Fake News
It started on Fakebook, no suprise and the FBI and local police are asking people to stop spreading rumours.Fake News
So true Pvt Grunt, in January this year during our Southern Hemisphere bushfire season I was was a part of an online 3 day discussion group, on bushfire, global warming etc etc, going into this discussion I was at the belief that 80% of the fires burning in Victoria and NSW were deliberately lit. Oh how wrong I was. The moderator of the group pointed out several facts supported by many reliable sources of information to disprove my beliefs. Interestingly about 93% of all fires were started naturally and the other 7% by fire bugs and carelessness(stupidity and clumsiness), and most of those fires deliberately lit were extinguished in the 30 to 60 minutes after being lit. Newspapers and TV news are very quick to report on deliberate fires, they do report on natural fires too, but gloss over the true but uninteresting facts. I suspect that most the fires in California are naturally lit fires. Fire Services in California and other like places in the USA, like the Australian Eastern Seaboard have been fighting fires caused by lightening strikes for well over 100 years, well before Global Warming appeared on the scene, but I'm sure the manner that News Services have reported fires hasn't changed much in that time. About 17 years ago I left city life for a country life style, 2 floods, 3 major bushfires and a half a dozen less threatening fires later, I aint going to leave this beautiful area of Australia, I feel deeply for those people in the fire areas in The U.S. and wish them well. For the truth forget the News Services, the most reliable info comes from the Fire and Forestry Services web and information bulletins. Stay safe all.