Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

High Performance Power Plan setting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> High Performance Power Plan setting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
High Performance Power Plan setting - 9/10/2020 2:31:13 AM   
pbrowne

I notice in Game Options, there is a High Performance Power Plan setting. I assume setting this to on in the Windows Power Management settings, there might be some improvement in CMO performance. What should I be expecting? Better FPS, high res map? Anything? I already have a reasonable gaming rig about 5 years old.

MSI Z270 KRAIT GAMING ATX Motherboard with 32 Gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance
Intel Core i7-7700K CPU
MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Armor OC 8G Graphics Card
Windows 10 Pro

< Message edited by pbrowne -- 9/10/2020 2:36:13 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: High Performance Power Plan setting - 9/10/2020 7:54:33 AM   
cmanouser1

CMO mainly depends on your CPU, so to improve performance, you'll want to improve your CPU performance; you could try overclocking it. To see if the High Performance setting is useful, you could use a benchmarking software and compare the scores with and without.
Note that no matter what the software will have some lag spikes; I have a 9900k at 5 GHz and I occasionally get freezes.

(in reply to pbrowne)
Post #: 2
RE: High Performance Power Plan setting - 9/10/2020 12:25:20 PM   
thewood1

High Performance is always better. But I leave the switch off for my laptops. I manage the power plan myself. In some laptops, the CMO switch can actually interfere with the laptop's built in power manager and work against peak performance. I have done a bunch of benchmarking with a benchmark scenario. I have tested on 5-6 different laptops with different CPUs and GPUs. High performance of the CPU is a factor. The GPU does make a slight difference. SSDs and fast RAM were also factors.

As to performance boosts, power settings can help. The best measure is the time cycles in the diagnostics display of CMO.

(in reply to cmanouser1)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> High Performance Power Plan setting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI