Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Romanian surrender Treaty of Bucharest events

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Romanian surrender Treaty of Bucharest events Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Romanian surrender Treaty of Bucharest events - 9/8/2020 2:03:52 PM   
FOARP

A few comments on this:

1) The "Bulgaria gains Southern Dobruja" event shouldn't fire if Bulgaria is occupied by the Entente.

2) Historically the Treaty of Bucharest was only signed after Bucharest itself was occupied AND the Russians had signed the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk. However, the Treaty of Bucharest event appears to fire automatically as a result of the firing of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk event. This means (as in my present AAR) that Romania surrenders when it is still very much a going concern. Suggestions:

- If Romania is still fighting, Romania should be assigned from Russia to another major (e.g, Serbia, France).
- Romania should be a major (less preferable)

3) When the Treaty of Bucharest fires, Romania keeps (AFAIK) all its territory. This is not historical - historically the Central Powers occupied all of grey, blue (dark and light), and green territory in the below map.

PS - The Central Powers considered ceding Transylvania to Romania in order to buy them off, so possibly also worth considering having an event similar to the ones where the CP player can choose to cede Trento and Trieste? except in this case, it would swing Romania potentially into declaring war on the Entente in order to get back Bessarabia?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by FOARP -- 9/8/2020 2:21:56 PM >

American Front: a Work-in-progress CSA v USA Turtledove mod for SC:WW1 can be seen here.
Post #: 1
RE: Romanian surrender Treaty of Bucharest events - 9/9/2020 3:58:22 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: FOARP

PS - The Central Powers considered ceding Transylvania to Romania in order to buy them off, so possibly also worth considering having an event similar to the ones where the CP player can choose to cede Trento and Trieste? except in this case, it would swing Romania potentially into declaring war on the Entente in order to get back Bessarabia?

This is an interesting possibility, but the Hungarian component of the Dual Monarchy might not be too enthusiastic about the prospect of those Magyar communities that have been there for generations suddenly living under Romanian jurisdiction. Some national morale hits will be necessary

< Message edited by OldCrowBalthazor -- 9/9/2020 4:08:38 AM >

(in reply to FOARP)
Post #: 2
RE: Romanian surrender Treaty of Bucharest events - 9/9/2020 7:27:36 AM   
FOARP

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

This is an interesting possibility, but the Hungarian component of the Dual Monarchy might not be too enthusiastic about the prospect of those Magyar communities that have been there for generations suddenly living under Romanian jurisdiction. Some national morale hits will be necessary

Indeed, so this should be basically exchanging a ~50% swing in Romanian war-entry towards the Central Powers for a ~20% morale hit for Austria-Hungary. Is getting 3-4 corps plus detachments really worth that much to the CP player?

< Message edited by FOARP -- 9/9/2020 7:28:04 AM >

American Front: a Work-in-progress CSA v USA Turtledove mod for SC:WW1 can be seen here.

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 3
RE: Romanian surrender Treaty of Bucharest events - 9/9/2020 9:01:32 AM   
BillRunacre

quote:

A few comments on this:

1) The "Bulgaria gains Southern Dobruja" event shouldn't fire if Bulgaria is occupied by the Entente.

2) Historically the Treaty of Bucharest was only signed after Bucharest itself was occupied AND the Russians had signed the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk. However, the Treaty of Bucharest event appears to fire automatically as a result of the firing of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk event. This means (as in my present AAR) that Romania surrenders when it is still very much a going concern. Suggestions:

- If Romania is still fighting, Romania should be assigned from Russia to another major (e.g, Serbia, France).

3) When the Treaty of Bucharest fires, Romania keeps (AFAIK) all its territory. This is not historical - historically the Central Powers occupied all of grey, blue (dark and light), and green territory in the below map.

Interesting post and it's given me a few things to think about.

I must admit that point 3) has confused me a little as point 1) is an example of territory that Romania loses as a result of the treaty, and only as a result of the treaty being signed.

Bill

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to FOARP)
Post #: 4
RE: Romanian surrender Treaty of Bucharest events - 9/9/2020 1:07:03 PM   
FOARP

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

quote:

A few comments on this:

Interesting post and it's given me a few things to think about.

I must admit that point 3) has confused me a little as point 1) is an example of territory that Romania loses as a result of the treaty, and only as a result of the treaty being signed.

Bill

Apologies, to clarify: point 3) is except for the territory discussed in point 1).

Either the large parts of the Romania that were conceded under the Treaty of Bucharest historically should be conceded or the territory conceded should be conceded dynamically in some way. As-is Southern Dobruja seems to be the only territory that Romania actually concedes to the CP if the Treaty of Bucharest event fires, and if Bulgaria is occupied by the Entente when the event fires then this territory actually goes to the Entente.

In my present AAR, Romania signing the Treaty of Bucharest resulted in the Central Powers being blocked from invading into Serbia and Entente-occupied Bulgaria through Romania, and actually worked out to Serbia's advantage, which seems a bit odd.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Romanian surrender Treaty of Bucharest events Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI